Where should side FAN blow to

PrPrO

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Hello,

I have the following case:

and the interior where CPU/GPU/rear fan is:
---idk if the VGA FAN is blowing ON the card of off the card cuz its weak :p
so.. i wonder where the side FAN would have to blow, IN the case or OUT of the case, this is the passive cooler im going to take for my graphic card: http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/detail?sArticle=24.%3F

Thank You in advance

joedastudd

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
Personally I'd block the whole side using duct tape then have the side fan drawing from the front. That way your sucking in cold air from the front bottom and pushing out all the hot air at the rear top.

PrPrO

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
cant set it on the bottom front because LCD is there and there is not opening for setting the fan
i could only remove those things below the DVD player and set the FAN there? but then it would blow directly to power suply which has 2 FAN's, 1 in the case on the front and one on the wxit of the case on the rear of supply

PrPrO

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
ye, but iut the fan on the upper opening then it would be a short circuit, it woould input the air, blow on the cpu and will go our with the rear fan
the main thing i want to be a lower temp is my graphic card, and if i set the fan to the lower opening its noisy and my fan is 75mm and the openin about 65-75mm :p doesnt fit 100%

joedastudd

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
They having the top side fan blowing out you create a vacuum which sucks the hot air from the gpu up and out either the back top or top side fan.

The trouble is as you don't have any fans pulling the cold air the cooling isn't going to be great. Your relying on the suction of the 2 fans pushing the air out creating enough air flow that it sucks the cold air in from the front grill and bottom side panel.

PrPrO

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
So.. what do You suggest, creating vacuum with setting the FAN blowing the air out of the case, or do something else? :p
i could maybe set the FAN on bottom rear to blow in? so the air would go around the graphic card to the cpu and the rear top wouldblow the air out ??

joedastudd

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
leon2006 having the side fan set to blowing into the case would be a bad idea. The cpu fan blows to the left side (as seen from the front) as the side fan is almost directly over the cpu heatsink they would be fighting like crazy.

PrPrO

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012

doesnt the Cpu FAN blow on the CPU?