For 1,500 bucks how does this desktop look.

wizard21

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
Hey this would be for some decently challenging video gaming, Skyrim, Minecraft, WOW, as well as basic video streaming and some pinnacle editing.

I don't have the courage to build it myself so yes I know I may be over paying to have dell do it but lemme know what you think.

Processors:
Intel® Core™ i5-2400 (6MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.6GHz

Memory:
16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz

Video Card:
1.25GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 Ti

Hard Drive:
1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Your really not getting your money's worth at all. You can do much better for $1500. I wouldn't value a pc with those specs at more than $1000 built yourself.

You should seriously consider building it yourself. Its very easy if you use the tutorial provided on tomshardware and the chance of you actually messing up and destroying something is essential zero if you make sure you take all safety precautions.

Have to agree with the poster above, I was able to obtain 16GB of 1600 mhz DDR3 for 70 bucks on newegg and another 70 for an external, 2 TB hard disk. Looking at those spec's though I would say they are more then enough for what you want to do. Skyrim really isn't that demanding and 16 GB of RAM on a single computer is overkill. Unless you want to put some in another computer I would have to recommend against that much ram. Spend some more on the CPU, 3.6 at turbo boost only works best when running single threaded applications.