Where do you guys think the best place will be to go on the PSP launch day?
I was thinking of going to walmart at midnight to see if I could grab one.
I saw on walmart.com that you can preorder one, but only as a bundle. I
wonder if they will sell the unit by itself at the store?
Other possible places to go... best buy, circuit city, target, gamestop...
what do ya'll think?

I can tell you from experience that if you can find a Wal-Mart in town
that's small and a little off the beaten path you can nab the goods.
That's how I got my PS2. The only thing is, the small Wal-Marts don't
get many units and usually aren't open all night, so you have to camp
out at the doors.

Problem is all the roll outs will be in Value packs. I will see what
happens, I have a "pre order" with EB. I got it week 2 of pre-orders. If
they dicdk me, Ill get me full price refunded and wait a month.

On 3/18/05 2:59 AM, in article aFw_d.258492$0u.72100@fed1read04, "Kenner
Costen" <kenner.costen@cox.net> wrote:

> Problem is all the roll outs will be in Value packs. I will see what
> happens, I have a "pre order" with EB. I got it week 2 of pre-orders. If
> they dicdk me, Ill get me full price refunded and wait a month.

So you think you have a chance to purchase just the unit (sans value pack)
on release day??

HA Ha /Nelson

RickB

My EBgames is letting you buy the value pack alone. I pre ordered mine in
January.

RnR Lesnar

"Rick Berry" <rberry883@comcast.net> wrote in message

> On 3/18/05 2:59 AM, in article aFw_d.258492$0u.72100@fed1read04, "Kenner
> Costen" <kenner.costen@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Problem is all the roll outs will be in Value packs. I will see what
>> happens, I have a "pre order" with EB. I got it week 2 of pre-orders. If
>> they dicdk me, Ill get me full price refunded and wait a month.
>>

> So you think you have a chance to purchase just the unit (sans value pack)
> on release day??
>
> HA Ha /Nelson
>
> RickB

Rick Berry:

> So you think you have a chance to purchase just the unit (sans value
> pack) on release day??

If you have a Rhino Video Games near you, they are selling just the value
pack. They are are also having a big sell on psp software.
--
Mac Cool

On 3/18/05 8:02 PM, in article Xns961DD614F23A6MacCool@130.133.1.4, "Mac
Cool" <Mac@2cool.com> wrote:

> Rick Berry:
>
>> So you think you have a chance to purchase just the unit (sans value
>> pack) on release day??
>
> If you have a Rhino Video Games near you, they are selling just the value
> pack. They are are also having a big sell on psp software.

You still are buying the value pack and not just the unit (PSP). Reading is
cool.

RickB

Rick Berry:

>> If you have a Rhino Video Games near you, they are selling just the
>> value pack. They are are also having a big sell on psp software.
>
> You still are buying the value pack and not just the unit (PSP).
> Reading is cool.

There is no such thing as 'just the unit' unless you buy a Jap unit from
ebay. Most retailers are selling a package deal the varies up to $520,
otherwise 'the unit' comes in a box with accessories which is the only way
Sony is shipping them.
--
Mac Cool