Stickd34th

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
I just bought the asrock z77 and everytime I boot it the fans and everything runs but after like 5 seconds it crashes and reboots its self.

I have tried a lot of things also when I pull out the cpu power cable it seems to run without a problem ofcoure it wont boot but it doesnt crash without it.

Specs are:

GTX 680
16gb ram
I7 2770k
700w psu.

bctande1

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
Does it post properly or is there an error with posting. Make sure you installed things like the CPU in the right orientation, and if so, it might be a problem with the hard-drive. Try and load windows from a different hard-drive and see if that works. If not, then it might be a BIOS problem. If that is so, then try to update your BIOS through the BIOS disk that comes with your motherboard. Another thing it might be is a faulty RAM stick. Try and boot with different configurations of a lesser amount of RAM, Like one 8GB stick, or two 4GB sticks if you are gave 4x4GB sticks.

Stickd34th

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
I get no error it says 0.0 the cpu is indeed in the right orientation I cant even get to boot the bios and tried hooking up only the cpu and a stick of ram with no result.

did you use the brass standoff so the mb not shorting out. is the 4/8 pin atx power plug connected??? if both are fine check that the metal i/o shield not shorting out the mb or the mb is shorting to the case. i would try and see if the mb post outside the case on the desk.