LAN driver problem.

Tags:
  • Asus
  • LAN
  • Internet
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
December 13, 2012 12:41:04 PM

I have a ASUS P8Z77-V LX motherboard with an OS running Windows 7 64bit. I installed the “Realtek_LAN_V5796_V761_83730_XPWin7_8” driver on it and my internet conection speed is around 25Mbps but when I’m done using my computer and shut it off and turn it on again and test my internet speed my speed drops to 2 or 3 Mbps. I reinstall the Realtek LAN driver to repair it and my internet speed is back up to 25Mbps. Every time I shut off and restart my computer I have to reinstall the Realtek LAN driver to get a good internet speed again. What can I do to not bother with reinstalling the driver all the time?
Also, in the Device Manager list I have a “SM BUS Controller” that shows a driver is not installed. I don’t know what it’s for or if I need it but what driver do I install for this?

More about : lan driver problem

a b V Motherboard
December 13, 2012 1:03:45 PM

for sm bus controller go to intels webside and download their driver check tool, ur missing some chipset drivers
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 13, 2012 1:21:36 PM

Install Chipset driver.update windows the ethernet problem solved.
m
l
Related resources
December 13, 2012 1:36:05 PM

I go here http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect and run the Intel Driver Update Utility and this is what I see for Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (Chipset INF)
Product Detected
Current Version Installed
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates.
m
l
December 13, 2012 1:38:09 PM

Here is all the information from the driver update utility:
Graphics Driver
Product Detected NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Current Driver Installed 9.18.13.697
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>
Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (Chipset INF)
Product Detected
Current Version Installed
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>
Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board
Product Detected High Definition Audio Device
Current Driver Installed 6.1.7601.17514
Wireless Networking (WiFi)
Product Detected Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Current Driver Installed 7.61.612.2012
Wired Networking
Product Detected Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Current Driver Installed 7.61.612.2012
m
l

Best solution

a c 126 Ĉ ASUS
a c 490 V Motherboard
December 13, 2012 1:38:19 PM
December 13, 2012 1:54:14 PM

The file "infinst_autol" looks like it took care of the SM BUS Controller because I don't see it as a problem on the Device Manager list but I still have the problem with the LAN driver. The only update that I see for windows is for a optional update for Bing Desktop.
m
l
December 13, 2012 2:01:38 PM

his is what I get for Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (Chipset INF) now.
Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (Chipset INF)
Product Detected
Current Version Installed 9.3.0.1026
This version is valid.
so this problem looks to be solved.
Now what to do about the LAN?
m
l
December 14, 2012 12:00:35 AM

Best answer selected by notatek.
m
l
a c 126 Ĉ ASUS
a c 490 V Motherboard
December 14, 2012 1:22:29 AM

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?...

if at boot your still having issue go into the adapter setting and switch the adaptor link speed from auto to 10/100 that the old cat5 speed. sometime with older routers and modems these 10/100/1000 chipset screw up.
m
l
December 14, 2012 10:31:56 AM

Thanks to all. I think I found my weak internet problem. I made corrections and I didn't have to reinstall the LAN driver the last few times. These problems are now solved.
m
l
May 17, 2013 10:09:31 PM

notatek said:
Thanks to all. I think I found my weak internet problem. I made corrections and I didn't have to reinstall the LAN driver the last few times. These problems are now solved.

I had the same exact problem with this MoBo. I was just re-installing it every time I restarted the computer. Finally I uninstalled the driver completely and then reinstalled. That fixed it for good.
m
l
May 18, 2013 6:42:10 AM

Robert Nolen said:
notatek said:

I am having the exact same problem with this MoBo. What was your fix?

It’s been a while and I’m trying to remember but I believe I had to update Chipset. I remember that one of the posts took me right to the chipset download that I needed but now that link takes me to something that looks different. Wish I could be more help and I wish I could remember what I downloaded to fix the problem.

m
l
May 18, 2013 1:45:07 PM

notatek said:
Robert Nolen said:
notatek said:

I am having the exact same problem with this MoBo. What was your fix?

It’s been a while and I’m trying to remember but I believe I had to update Chipset. I remember that one of the posts took me right to the chipset download that I needed but now that link takes me to something that looks different. Wish I could be more help and I wish I could remember what I downloaded to fix the problem.

Thanks anyways, I figured it out shortly after I posted. I just had to uninstall the driver completely before reinstalling it. I am not sure what caused the problem initially but it dropped my speeds from 50 Mbps down to between 2 and 8. I went through all kinds of trouble shooting with my ISP thinking it was them until I connected a laptop to my router and got 50 Mbps using the same equipment.
m
l
September 11, 2013 7:04:20 PM

drivers are not fully uninstall through regular process as i experience so have some utility program that completly remove it and then rest and fresh install the driver,if it wont work repeate the process and go for update driver through programs like driver magician
m
l
!