Sign in with
Your question

Venture into the Dark side, (Intel)

Last response: in Motherboards
December 13, 2012 2:47:29 PM

Okay just to appease myself and both sides, I am working on an Intel side to my build.

Currently I have this in mind:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)

So, on the Intel side I figured:

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz (119.99 @ Newegg)
But I'm drawing a blank for a motherboard.

I won't be crossfire/sli anything anytime, period. I prefer one good card instead. I will be overclocking in the future, even if it isn't on this CPU. I'm hoping in the next year or two if I get another it would be an i7, if I indeed go with intel.

I not sure if it is indeed better than the 6300 in all aspects, but mainly what I will be doing is gaming, audio editing, video editing, word processing, internet surfing. In that order of priority. I rarely have more than three large tasks open at once, but that may change.

The PSU/GPU/Case, etc have already been decided on and this is just pertaining to a possible 1155 board for the intel. ATX, not micro/mini, network/sound card PCI would be good, and good general reviews. 210 dollars (USD) is my budget.

Thanks.
December 13, 2012 6:07:35 PM

I hate reading those damn new egg reviews, is there a good bundle of sites to get reliable reviews and input on that board? It looks good, any thoughts on what would be better? Since the amd/mobo and the intel/mobo are the same price, what would offer more performance/ability to expand?
m
l
!