bluetooth network routing

Last response: in Technologies
Share
February 5, 2005 9:29:03 PM

Hi to all,
I've googled around a bit and haven't found anything really focused on
my problem :(
what I have:
* xp pro sp2
* digicom bluetooth usb dongle with widcomm drivers installed and working
* sony ericsson t610
* other PCs not involved in this post :)

Here's my current setup:
pc:
* ethernet card on 10.0.1.2/24 8this is connected to a firewall wich is
10.0.1.1, then to the router 10.0.0.1
* bluetooth lan on 10.0.2.1
* other 2 nics...

What I'd like to do is to setup a route between 10.0.2.0/24, which
includes the t610 (10.0.2.2) and the bluetooth dongle, and the ethernet
nic 10.0.1.2. Then I would like to access the internet from the mobile
using the bluetooth connection instead of my ISP one.

I've tried ICS but I can't reconfigure the entire lan only because MS
wants the IP configured on 192.168.1.1. If I set up a bridge between my
1st nic and the BT one every connection between my pc and the firewall
is interrupted (???)

Any idea on how to do the whole thing ? Any hint will be very appreciated :)

TIA

Giuliano
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 9:29:04 PM

"giuliano" <giuliano.zorzi_no_spam@katamail.com> wrote in message
> Any idea on how to do the whole thing ? Any hint will be very appreciated
> :)

I would avoid using ICS. There's an application called NAT32 which, if you
assign the bluetooth adapter an address and configure appropriately will
route things properly somehow :-)

Saw a guide how to set it up somewhere, think it was on www.geekzone.co.nz
but could be wrong.
February 5, 2005 11:07:33 PM

tHatDudeUK wrote:
> "giuliano" <giuliano.zorzi_no_spam@katamail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Any idea on how to do the whole thing ? Any hint will be very appreciated
>>:)
>

> I would avoid using ICS. There's an application called NAT32 which, if you
> assign the bluetooth adapter an address and configure appropriately will
> route things properly somehow :-)
>
> Saw a guide how to set it up somewhere, think it was on www.geekzone.co.nz
> but could be wrong.

thanks a lot ! I'll check it out

giuliano
February 6, 2005 9:38:26 AM

> thanks a lot ! I'll check it out

Here's a direct link if needed :-)

www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=1922
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 5:16:56 AM

tHatDudeUK wrote:
> "giuliano" <giuliano.zorzi_no_spam@katamail.com> wrote in message
>
>>thanks a lot ! I'll check it out
>

> Here's a direct link if needed :-)
>
> www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=1922

Good info, but how do you change the proxy server name on the phone so
it will look for my server IP address? I'm using the Motorola v600.

Thanks
!