bluetooth network routing

Hi to all,
I've googled around a bit and haven't found anything really focused on
my problem :(
what I have:
* xp pro sp2
* digicom bluetooth usb dongle with widcomm drivers installed and working
* sony ericsson t610
* other PCs not involved in this post :)

Here's my current setup:
pc:
* ethernet card on 10.0.1.2/24 8this is connected to a firewall wich is
10.0.1.1, then to the router 10.0.0.1
* bluetooth lan on 10.0.2.1
* other 2 nics...

What I'd like to do is to setup a route between 10.0.2.0/24, which
includes the t610 (10.0.2.2) and the bluetooth dongle, and the ethernet
nic 10.0.1.2. Then I would like to access the internet from the mobile
using the bluetooth connection instead of my ISP one.

I've tried ICS but I can't reconfigure the entire lan only because MS
wants the IP configured on 192.168.1.1. If I set up a bridge between my
1st nic and the BT one every connection between my pc and the firewall
is interrupted (???)

Any idea on how to do the whole thing ? Any hint will be very appreciated :)

TIA

Giuliano
4 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth network routing

    "giuliano" <giuliano.zorzi_no_spam@katamail.com> wrote in message
    > Any idea on how to do the whole thing ? Any hint will be very appreciated
    > :)

    I would avoid using ICS. There's an application called NAT32 which, if you
    assign the bluetooth adapter an address and configure appropriately will
    route things properly somehow :-)

    Saw a guide how to set it up somewhere, think it was on www.geekzone.co.nz
    but could be wrong.

    tHatDudeUK wrote:
    > "giuliano" <giuliano.zorzi_no_spam@katamail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Any idea on how to do the whole thing ? Any hint will be very appreciated
    >>:)
    >

    > I would avoid using ICS. There's an application called NAT32 which, if you
    > assign the bluetooth adapter an address and configure appropriately will
    > route things properly somehow :-)
    >
    > Saw a guide how to set it up somewhere, think it was on www.geekzone.co.nz
    > but could be wrong.

    thanks a lot ! I'll check it out

    giuliano
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > thanks a lot ! I'll check it out

    Here's a direct link if needed :-)

    www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=1922
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    tHatDudeUK wrote:
    > "giuliano" <giuliano.zorzi_no_spam@katamail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>thanks a lot ! I'll check it out
    >

    > Here's a direct link if needed :-)
    >
    > www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=1922

    Good info, but how do you change the proxy server name on the phone so
    it will look for my server IP address? I'm using the Motorola v600.

    Thanks

Bluetooth Internet Service Providers