Sign in with
Your question

Need help with different things.

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2012 3:10:23 PM

Hello everyone. I'm getting money for my christmas and I wanted to upgrade my computer. I've had to options. Actually buy a new one at a very cheap price and it has good specs and place my GeForce 560 ti graphics card in it or upgrade my RAM, Motherboard, Processor.
First of all, buying a new one:
While helping my friend find a good graphics card, I found THIS
I spoke to my other friend and he told me it was really good for the price and much better that my specs which are;
AMD Phenom(tm) 9650 Quad-Core Processor, 2.3GHz
2GB of RAM(it should be 4 by my other RAM chip is fucked at the moment.)
GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Now, it's easy to tell that the other computer beats the my specs but I was wondering, could my graphics card be able to run on that computer?
Specs for the OCHW;
AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4170 Black Edition 4.4Ghz
8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM
MASSIVE 1000GB Hard Drive Storage Space
ATI Radeon HD 6670 2GB Graphics Card HDMI, VGA, DVI
Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 Motherboard & Drivers
I'm okay with computer it's just finding out if I can actually use my graphics card for it. Anyway, moving on to my other option.

So, my friend linked me to THIS

Currently, I have a Centurion CPQ9104 and was concered if again, can my graphics card run with this motherboard? Can I fit the motherboard in to my computer without worrying about panels? It'd be great if you could suggest me on what path to take and even tell me if I can run the graphics card, processor etc. If you need any pictures of my computer for the Motherboard, just tell me and I'll post them.
Thank you.

More about : things

a c 435 V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2012 7:28:17 PM

This example http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... of a 6670 requires a minimum of 400 watts for the power supply. Check your ps label and see if it's at least 400 watts. I recommend you change it out to a quality 500w unit. I'm familiar with antec, corsair, enermax, seasonic, ocz, and xfx, but in your local the brand names may be different. Look for 22 amps on each 12v rail or 30 amps or more on a single 12v rail.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2012 8:25:34 PM

o1die said:
This example http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... of a 6670 requires a minimum of 400 watts for the power supply. Check your ps label and see if it's at least 400 watts. I recommend you change it out to a quality 500w unit. I'm familiar with antec, corsair, enermax, seasonic, ocz, and xfx, but in your local the brand names may be different. Look for 22 amps on each 12v rail or 30 amps or more on a single 12v rail.

Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2012 8:28:12 PM

IGNORE LAST MESSAGE

I'm asking if my graphics card, 560ti can run with this computer CLICK HERE
a c 435 V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2012 10:16:24 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
550 watts minimum with 38 amps on the 12v rail. The answer is no. Your system power supply is only 500 watts; probably not a tier one brand such as the brands I mentioned previously. I would look for a 600w-650w in one of the brands I mentioned in my previous post. All should have the 38 amps on the 12v rail required of the 560ti.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2012 11:25:39 AM

Alrighty. And everything else is fine with the 560 ti then?
a c 435 V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2012 11:30:30 AM

Yes. Most tier one power supplies have one or two types of pci-e 6 or 8 pin connectors that may be required. If you can't afford a decent power supply yet, I would wait and save some more money before running your new card.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2012 1:35:46 PM

And what's a better option for faster performance and cheaper? Buying a new motherboard, processor and RAM(the one i linked) or buying this new computer with a new psu and placing my graphics card in it?
a c 435 V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2012 3:17:38 PM

I linked just one brand of the 560ti; look for your brand selection on newegg's website and look in the "details" section. I would open up the side panel and check the power supply label of your centurion for the 12v rail specs. They might be listed, but I still recommend a better unit.
!