Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best gaming motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
December 13, 2012 3:25:56 PM

Hello everyone myself sahil from india.i am going to upgrade my system this christmas.i have chosen following components
cpu=i5 3570k
gpu=hd 7950
ram-gskill sniper 8gb
psu =corsair gs600(already owned it)
motherboard=biggest confusion for me so please help.
i have chosen following motherboards which i can afford.in bracket i have mentioned their respective prices which are already converted in $
1)asus z77 sabertooth(love the looks & 5 years warranty)=$309
2)msi z77 mpower(simple looks but awesome features)=$272
3)asrock z77 oc formula(awesome look and reviews )=$309
4)asus maximus v gene(love ROG)=$250

from the baove mentioned mobos which should be ideal for gaming ?also other performance matters too.also suggest me which board have great build quality

this system is mostly going to use for gaming.also i know maximus v gene is micro atx but rog tag tempting me :D .i am leaning more towards sabertooth.but you guys are free to suggest me.
also i have NZXT LEXA S case so bit worried about asrock oc formula
thank you guys.waiting for your suggestions

More about : gaming motherboard

Best solution

a c 121 V Motherboard
December 13, 2012 4:19:07 PM

I personally out of those choices would go with the Maximus V Gene, or the ASRock.

I tend to stay away from MSI, and the sabertooth's "heat shielding" actually tends to trap heat in more than keep it cool.

Even though the ROG board is Micro ATX, if you don't need the extra PCI slots (which it sounds like you don't) that is not a bad thing at all.

Edit: in regards to the E-ATX MB in that case, you "should" be ok, since it is possible for the MB to drop down behind the PSU, but I can not guarantee that.
December 15, 2012 12:35:55 PM

Best answer selected by sahil121.
m
l
!