• Homebuilt
  • Speakers
  • Video
  • Motherboards
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
November 9, 2011 3:55:57 PM

Hi, seeing as I can't get a response to my main post of my problem here :

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/326173-13-boot-prob...

I'd just like to update the situation - I went and bought an onboard speaker, plugged it in and when I turn the pc on it turns off after 3 seconds then turns back on - again no video output, NO BEEPING even with the speaker in the motherboard. I tried taking out both GPU and RAM one at a time and still no beeping from the mobo speaker.

Does this mean it is the motherboard or could it be a PSU fault?

More about : video output

a b B Homebuilt system
a c 156 V Motherboard
November 9, 2011 4:12:48 PM

try reseat the video card if this is not working try card in another mobo also look at motherboard for blow out capacitor or something else
November 9, 2011 4:17:30 PM

I can't try the GPU in another mobo as I don't have access to one. I could try find a blowout capacitor.. although I ahve never seen one myself before will it be obvious?
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 156 V Motherboard
November 9, 2011 4:21:49 PM

usualy the top of it look like a bulb and could be not circular on the side, good one are flat on the top and circular round
November 9, 2011 4:29:49 PM

Ok, If I did find a broken one, does this mean it is a mobo fault or could it be a component such as memory that is faulty which could then cause the mobo to break too? I'm wondering whether to buy a new mobo and risk that being the problem or I will have to go to a repair shop and test my components...
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 156 V Motherboard
November 9, 2011 4:41:14 PM

if it only a capacitor sometimes a good repair shop could replace it just check the price they ask but before that if mobo still under warranty try rma
!