Which graphic Card should i buy?

Jc333

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

h3llbound

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010

How so? Well purely on the fact that the GT 440 is quite a low end gaming card, Playing at full 1080p on a 23" monitor will pull some horible frames if you expect to run the games on max or high settings, sure if you drop the quality to say medium, or the res down to 1600x1080 (or less)

But if your going to get any, you would be better with the GDDR5 version, as it would be better on higher resolutions. (but please save some money and get a better card like a GTX 560ti)

Jc333

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
TRUST ME!!! i was going to buy the Gtx 560 TI but it does not fit on my motherbaord its too big!!! i want that graphic card mainly to play SWTOR and other MMo`s how well do you think it will do?

do you have OEM PC or custom made PC? if you have custom made then just get a bigger case. if you don't have the money to get fancy case just get the generic one. its cheap. but if you have OEM PC you might be able it can be complicated since some OEM mobo cannot be put on normal case.

most MMO that i know are quite easy on the gpu but i don't know about SWTOR. but still GT440 with 1080p monitor is not a good combination if you have gaming in mind

i believe both GTX460 and GTX560 PCBs have the same length. but sometimes the cooler makes the card longer. with my Asus GTX460 DirectCu the cooler makes my card longer by an inch

Jc333

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
I have a FULL HD 1080p 42` inch tv and i was running some tests with it. I hooked up my Pc and played gears of war in 1080p there was ALOT OF LAG. Of course i am currently running a Geforce 9400 gt, i also played WoW the funniest thing is that with WOW you can play the lowest resolution or at 1080p and there is no diffrence in FPS. hahaha i found that to be hilarious. But you are absolutely correct SWTOR will be another animal. the minimal requirements for swtor are a Geforce 7400gt!!!! so i think i`ll be fine.

I own a 19`inch LCD dell monitor which is 1360x768 and i can run all my games on HIGH or mid high. Batman arkham asylum, Gears of war, Fall out 3. and of course WoW and Champions online.

i am assuming the GT 440 ddr5 1GB will be 5x as powerfull if not more than my current GPU. either way i think i can handle playing my games at a lower resolution :)!!! since my eyes are only used to watching a computer monitor at 1360x768. I guess i`ll treat my self to a new LED LG 23`inch monitor, since there is no point on buying an older monitor.

TRENDING THREADS