Pc will only power up when pwr2 pin is removed

Sorceress

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Hello, I bought new case for my pc because the old was was looking tatty. I removed everything and put it in the new case exactly how it was in the old one, however it will not power up - it will flash then nothing. I tried a few things and after trial and error i noticed that the pc fan etc. will only power up when PWR2 pin is removed, and when i plug it back in, nothing. What could be the problem? All I wanted was a new case and now I dont have a working pc lol

Thanks

Sorceress

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Motherboard is a Foxconn G9657MA-8KS2H and power supply is a 650W model no KY4500ATX and the new case I bought is a ATX/ Micro ATX Midi-Tower with no psu so I havent changed anything but the case and everything has been working fine until I moved everything to the new case. Im worried that maybe I have damaged the motherboard :(

Sorceress

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
thanks everyone... problem solved.... I feel so stupid now I completely forgot to screw the new standoffs in! Everythings working fine now and Ive gave myself a slap on the wrist for making such a silly mistake :D

Thanks again!

It happens.

Even an extra standoff in the wrong place will cause the same problem.

:non: :D

ANIL YALCIN

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014

i have same problem, i tried everything and i can not power up my pc, how can i fix it? please help me..