Pc will only power up when pwr2 pin is removed

Hello, I bought new case for my pc because the old was was looking tatty. I removed everything and put it in the new case exactly how it was in the old one, however it will not power up - it will flash then nothing. I tried a few things and after trial and error i noticed that the pc fan etc. will only power up when PWR2 pin is removed, and when i plug it back in, nothing. What could be the problem? All I wanted was a new case and now I dont have a working pc lol

Thanks
10 answers Last reply
More about power pwr2 removed
  1. I forgot to add that I have tried another power supply and the same thing is happening

Thanks
  2. What is the brand and model of the case, motherboard, power supply, etc.?
  3. did you use stand offs behind the mobo?
  4. Motherboard is a Foxconn G9657MA-8KS2H and power supply is a 650W model no KY4500ATX and the new case I bought is a ATX/ Micro ATX Midi-Tower with no psu so I havent changed anything but the case and everything has been working fine until I moved everything to the new case. Im worried that maybe I have damaged the motherboard :(
  5. Does the new case use stamped motherboard tray standoffs or individual brass or steel screw post standoffs?

By your problem description there seems to be a short circuit occurring.
  6. Try breadboarding: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-262730_13_0.html

If you can boot while breadboarding, then do a minimal install in the new case (mobo, CPU, GPU, and memory). Be very careful to remove an unused motherboard stanchions...as previously mentioned this a common mistake and causes the exact symptoms you are experiencing.
  7. thanks everyone... problem solved.... I feel so stupid now I completely forgot to screw the new standoffs in! Everythings working fine now and Ive gave myself a slap on the wrist for making such a silly mistake :D

Thanks again!
  8. Sorceress said:
    thanks everyone... problem solved.... I feel so stupid now I completely forgot to screw the new standoffs in! Everythings working fine now and Ive gave myself a slap on the wrist for making such a silly mistake :D

Thanks again!

It happens.

Even an extra standoff in the wrong place will cause the same problem.
  9. Sorceress said:
    thanks everyone... problem solved.... I feel so stupid now I completely forgot to screw the new standoffs in! Everythings working fine now and Ive gave myself a slap on the wrist for making such a silly mistake :D

Thanks again!

:non: :D
  10. Sorceress said:

Thanks again!

i have same problem, i tried everything and i can not power up my pc, how can i fix it? please help me..
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Power Up Cases Components