Sign in with
Your question

Bootloop problem, error code

Last response: in Systems
November 9, 2011 4:43:53 PM

I have a home built system recently completed, specs in the sig, which is having problems with booting up. It usually goes through the "load disks" and starts to list them, then it snaps off and restarts. Once I get in it works pretty well but the problem is that this little boot loop issue is annoying. My windows 7 professional 64 bit windows is verified and all components are brand new.

Information on the issue is as follows:

Problem Signature
Problem Event Name: Star t up Repair Offline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: Unknown
Problem Signature 04: 6
Problem Signature 05: Autofailover
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: No root cause
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

I have updated the bios info off the website and my graphics driver is the latest from Nvidia as well. A system restore will not help since this problem has been happening since the beginning installation (new system). What's this problem and how do I fix it?
a b B Homebuilt system
November 9, 2011 5:21:24 PM

Do you have everything in the bios set up right? For instance boot from hard drive and have the right one selected as well as AHCI.

How many reboots does it do? Gigabyte has a dual boot bios so if something isn't right it restarts and uses the back up bios to boot. If you are having to double post each time it might have to do with that.
m
l
November 9, 2011 6:52:44 PM

Everything is right in the bios setup as far as I know, AHCI is set.

It's doing a bunch of reboots, not just two. Usually 3 or 4 but sometimes more than that.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
November 9, 2011 9:21:12 PM

Does it recognize your 4 sticks of ram? I'd suggest booting with one stick at a time to see if it's just one faulty stick or if you still get the loop boot with only 1 stick.
m
l
November 10, 2011 8:50:49 AM

It has no problem with the size recognition. When I use one stick it shows up as 4 gigs and when I use 4 sticks, 16 gigs. I tried using one stick (which is what I'm currently using) and it seemed to be better but it did do the boot loop one time when I turned it on so it's still got problems.
m
l
!