Constant BSOD tried everything! Help please

Basically I built a pc not long ago;
i7 2600K
8GB Gskill Ripjaws (2*4)
Corsair 750W Modular psu
Sapphire Radeon 6950 w/ 2GB of vm
P8Z68-V-LE mobo
Are the main things

So as soon i installed an OS (first was windows 8 developer preview) i assumed the constant crashes were W8 because it's blue screen isn't as informative as W7 and i didnt actually know it was a BSOD, so i switched to W7 ultimate (pirate) obviously formatting HDD in progress, then sure enough started getting many BSODs again so i updated all drivers multiple times to date, flashed bios, tested ram in different banks and one stick at a time, stress tested used IBT and Prime95 on maximum load with no errors, ran the windows memory checking utility no errors and still getting bsods, therefore it makes me think against it being cpu or ram problems because even when stress testing i dont get one error

Codes im getting are in order of frequency;

124 - I know this is hardware, apparently it's caused by hal.dll every time

3b - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, apparently caused quite a few
different things such a; CLASSPNP.SYS, ntoskrnl.exe and most of the recent ones have been luafv.sys

7e - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED atikmdag.sys which i think is something to do with graphics card considering the ATI also when there was a windows update for the my graphics card i blue screened to this error when it was installing the gpu driver update

1e - very rarely KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe all of the time

d1 - only had it once and it was well after i updated drivers DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL apprently its caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Patterns I have noticed;
The only patterns i think i have noticed are when im usually installing something but not every time and or when im connected to the internet. I'm not sure about these though so don't quote me on it.

Also I have a really bad HDD in here as I went over my budget a little and put an old HDD in, its 500GB 7200RPM Western Digital but everything else in the computer is new, could it be something to do with this?

Its driving me insane, and it was the final straw when it did it when dirt 3 was loading and it corrupted my amazing profile, any suggestions/solutions would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Harvey
2 answers Last reply
More about constant bsod everything please
  1. Buy a legit version of windows.
  2. crewton said:
    Buy a legit version of windows.

What he said - bootleg and developer versions are LOADED with bugs and other stuff likely to go wrong. Get a $99 copy of Windows 7 OEM Home Premium and reformat your HD, you're set.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Blue Screen Systems