Messages delayed

Last response: in Network Providers
June 19, 2005 9:04:42 AM

I just switched to a Sony Ericsson Z500 and have noticed a lengthy
delay in the time it takes me to be alerted to a new text message or
even a "new voicemail" alert. I usually do not receieve them until the
following morning after I have turned my phone back on. I am wondering
if it has anything to do with it being "EDGE" versus "GSM?" Any
thoughts?

More about : messages delayed

Anonymous
June 19, 2005 1:49:04 PM

In article <1119182682.818772.289170@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
barry_t_2000@yahoo.com wrote:

> I just switched to a Sony Ericsson Z500 and have noticed a lengthy
> delay in the time it takes me to be alerted to a new text message or
> even a "new voicemail" alert. I usually do not receieve them until the
> following morning after I have turned my phone back on. I am wondering
> if it has anything to do with it being "EDGE" versus "GSM?" Any
> thoughts?

I'm a Cingular blue customer, and just last week had a situation where a
voicemail notification didn't come through for an hour and a half.

That you noticed this as you switched phones is, I think, coincidental.
I did exactly nothing, and had this happen.

The more I hear, the more it seems that Cingular is tweaking things and
we're in the middle of it all, seeing the things that aren't quite right
yet.
June 19, 2005 5:23:56 PM

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article <1119182682.818772.289170@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> barry_t_2000@yahoo.com wrote:
>

>>I just switched to a Sony Ericsson Z500 and have noticed a lengthy
>>delay in the time it takes me to be alerted to a new text message or
>>even a "new voicemail" alert. I usually do not receieve them until the
>>following morning after I have turned my phone back on. I am wondering
>>if it has anything to do with it being "EDGE" versus "GSM?" Any
>>thoughts?
>

> I'm a Cingular blue customer, and just last week had a situation where a
> voicemail notification didn't come through for an hour and a half.
>
> That you noticed this as you switched phones is, I think, coincidental.
> I did exactly nothing, and had this happen.
>
> The more I hear, the more it seems that Cingular is tweaking things and
> we're in the middle of it all, seeing the things that aren't quite right
> yet.

I think you're right, in that Cingular's network is morphing on a
day-to-day basis, or night-by-night as it likely is. I also think it's
important they be made aware of these issues, assuming any hope of
improvement is forthcoming.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'