gabby

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2004

ok so i am trying to install home ofice 2004 and print
shop off a cd rom so i went on add remove programs but
when i tried to add from cd rom or copy... it says it
cant find where its opening from and then trys to give me
like some browse thing where to open it from. please
help me instal this stuff!

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

the computer you are trying to install to probably wants
the same program that wrote the programs to your disk.

put the disk in the drive...click 'my computer'...right
click the cd icon..and click open.....see if there are
any files like 'start.exe...or...setup.exe...
If there are two programs on the disk...there will
probably be two folders with the program names on
them...open them and look for the startup.exe....or
instal.exe files.

With XP running, insert the cd and then let it auto start.. then follow
instructions on screen

In article <3be901c47f33$d31adff0$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> ok so i am trying to install home ofice 2004 and print
> shop off a cd rom so i went on add remove programs but
> when i tried to add from cd rom or copy... it says it
> cant find where its opening from and then trys to give me
> like some browse thing where to open it from. please
> help me instal this stuff!

When it gives you the option to browse make sure the path is to your CD
rom drive. You should not have to go to add and remove programs to
install it either..you should be able to just insert the CD or use your
file manager.