Undetermined display problem in games

erkinacar5

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Hello,

I've changed my Pentium 4 CPU along with mainboard and RAMs, in order to have a pc that I can upgrade in time... But, i couldnt buy a graphic card since I was short on money so I'm using onboard one at the moment. I'll provide my system details at the end so i'll talk about the problem I'm having.

I know I cant expect a great performance from onboard graphic, but i've been testing it with 3 different games. Here are the games and the problem occured:

League of Legends - http://i51.tinypic.com/fax9px.jpg , as you can see the game part has this strange thing going on with colors while the lower part of game is not affected

World of Warcraft - http://i55.tinypic.com/29zsymw.jpg , i know everything seems alright in this screenshot, but note the effects around the screen. Whenever such an effect is applied, my display looks exactly the same in League of Legends, though in screenshots it appears normal.

Assassin's Creed - No weirdness at all. Only low fps due to my hardware, i think

I've tried installing directx 9c , updating graphic and monitor driver but none solved the problem. If anyone has any idea of the cause, i'd appreciate knowing it. Thanks a lot in advance.

Pentium Dual Core E5500 2.80 gHz
4 GB ddr3 1333mHz RAM
Asus P5G41T-M LX mainboard
Intel G41 Express Chipset (this is what appears to be my onboard graphic)
Windows XP SP3
350W power supply unit
Philips 170c Monitor

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007

That is normal for intel graphics it is really not designed for gaming you would be better off with a better video card.

As for the cause if you installed motherboard chipset drivers,latest drivers and updated directx then your problem lies with your RAM because it uses part of your ram for video.

Run memtest86 and check your ram.

erkinacar5

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Thanks a lot for the answers.

I havent tried memtest yet, but i will soon. Also i had doubts about power supply but I have absolutely no knowledge about power supplies so... Should I get more powerful one? Like 400W should be enough? And can you please consider the amount i'd need with a video card so that I wont have to change it again when I get one? :)

Thanks again

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007

Everything looks OK except for ,as you suspect, your PSU and onboard video, when you replace your PSU consider at least 600watt, which should be good enough for all single video cards with power to spare, I have 2 OCZ 600w and no complaints, but you might have to go with whatever you can get locally, going to a brick and mortar store might be ??, better than ordering online, easier to return if needed, hopefully not...:)