Dualing Processors.... Getting around XP home

I have a computer, or a dinosaur more like, And I have my new computer,
but I do not want to run games on it. So I have a Pentium II, in My
Dinosaur Gateway, and a Pentium III thats not in anything (Brand New).
Because I was going to build a comp. So instead of building a new one,
I was wondering if somone knew a way, or knew somwhere I would go so
that I can by pass the whole windows XP home edition not like to run
Dual Processors, because it would boost my speek up enough to play the
online game I would like to. Please anyone help! Thank you. My Email
address is cRRickman89@yahoo.com

--
Rickman89

You are in no danger of running Dual Processors - I assume you refer to P4's
with HT.
Since your P2 and P3 are not HT, XPH will not install the 'dual processing'
hal.dll on your P3 system.

Here's what I make of your message:
1. I have an old P2 and a new (?!) P3.
2. I would build a newer system, but I am wondering if I can install XP Home
on the P3 system without the 'dual processing' option - because my P3 is
fast enough to play my favorite online game [probably Tetris ;)].
Michael

"Rickman89" <Rickman89.1aspd2@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> I have a computer, or a dinosaur more like, And I have my new computer,
> but I do not want to run games on it. So I have a Pentium II, in My
> Dinosaur Gateway, and a Pentium III thats not in anything (Brand New).
> Because I was going to build a comp. So instead of building a new one,
> I was wondering if somone knew a way, or knew somwhere I would go so
> that I can by pass the whole windows XP home edition not like to run
> Dual Processors, because it would boost my speek up enough to play the
> online game I would like to. Please anyone help! Thank you. My Email
> address is cRRickman89@yahoo.com
>

> --
> Rickman89

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:57:34 +0100, Rickman89
<Rickman89.1aspd2@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>I have a computer, or a dinosaur more like, And I have my new computer,
>but I do not want to run games on it. So I have a Pentium II, in My
>Dinosaur Gateway, and a Pentium III thats not in anything (Brand New).
>Because I was going to build a comp. So instead of building a new one,
>I was wondering if somone knew a way, or knew somwhere I would go so
>that I can by pass the whole windows XP home edition not like to run
>Dual Processors, because it would boost my speek up enough to play the
>online game I would like to. Please anyone help! Thank you. My Email
>address is cRRickman89@yahoo.com

If you're asking can you run dual-processor on a single CPU system,
the answer is no.

If you're asking can you somehow make the one computer use two
computer's resources, the answer is no.

Does your motherboard support Pentium 3?
If no, then you're out of options.

If yes, then why not just replace the P2 with the P3.

I am not sure your question was very clear but I think you don't have
any options to do what I suspect you want to do.

---Atreju---

TRENDING THREADS