Sign in with
Your question

3570k overclcok board

Last response: in Motherboards
December 14, 2012 7:43:05 AM

I'd like to start off by saying hi, from a new member :)  :hello: 

My question is this: I have a 3570k on order but as of yet, no motherboard. So what would the best motherboard be to OC to about 4.4?

Specs:
Antec DF-85 case
2x4GB corsair vengance RAM
GTX 260 GPU
(I don't know what PU I have, it's been that long since I've had a new one)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated :) 

More about : 3570k overclcok board

December 14, 2012 8:08:45 AM

It depends on how much you want to spend on a mother board.
Asrock extreme 4 boards are ok, and are priced ok, asus, or gigabyte may be worth a look. About a 550w to a 650w PSU just in case, good quality known brand dont skimp on the Psu.
a c 76 V Motherboard
December 14, 2012 9:51:21 AM

Any decent Z77 board would be fine. 4.4Ghz isnt a massive overclock, would only require a small bump in voltage (unless your lucky and get a good quality chip) to keep stable.

The normal boards to get for a gaming machine are (in order of personal preference).
AsRock Z77 Extreme4
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
ASUS P8-Z77-V LK
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 14, 2012 1:13:00 PM

Quote:
It depends on how much you want to spend on a mother board.
Asrock extreme 4 boards are ok, and are priced ok, asus, or gigabyte may be worth a look. About a 550w to a 650w PSU just in case, good quality known brand dont skimp on the Psu.

I'm looking to spend £70-£80, but I might be able to spend a little more if it's REALLY worth it, but certainly no more than £100.

Also, is the PSU really that important, I mean, I get that it is pretty damn important to axctually running the computer, but does a more expensive one make a big improvment over an older/cheaper one? Because I'm confident my PSU can cope with what I want, I've check on a cpuple of those PSU calculators, and I don't really have the moneys to spend on a new PSU, so if I got a new one I'd have to skimp on other components.
December 14, 2012 5:45:34 PM

Your card has a max tdp of around 180, you wont need a huge power supply, but you should def look into a quality psu. XFX, corsair, seasonic just to name a few. All three of these brands have a psu that could meet your budget and perform well with your components.
December 14, 2012 8:47:25 PM

Oh, just wanted to clarify, the budget is for Mobo alone, I haven't budgeted at all for a new PSU, since I didn't intend to buy one :/ 
December 15, 2012 8:55:43 AM

I thik I have it down to 2: the AsRock Z77 Extreme4 and the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, which of these would be best for my needs? Also, the AsRock seems to be a tenner or so more expensive, even if it is better, is it worth the extra?
January 31, 2013 1:16:34 AM

Im using an Asrock pro 4 with an i5 3570k and its a fantastic board, you cant xfire or sli but its an easy board to overclock with for sure.
!