Problem with new RAM

fastas

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
Hello,
I just got 2 Kingston 2*2Gb RAM sticks, and when I boot up the computer I get 3 long beeps. I can't for the life of me figure out why they are not compatible with my mobo as I have gone over all of the specs and they should be a fit.
My mobo is an Intel DP45SG with the Q9950 processor.
The RAM I got is Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333Mhz HyperX Blue Dual Channel (khx1333c9d3b1k2).
I tried all the slots/combinations with no luck. Is there anything I can do? i'm not sure I can take them back...

redeye

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2005
goto the intel web site and look for a manual for your MB. intel does list what the error codes and beep codes are... somewhere

if it is kingston value RAM, it should work... that stuff is Bullet-proof...

but i would reset the BIOS, (or clear it by removing the BATTERY with the power off)

also go it the kingston web site, and look at their recommendations for your system.

i know Crucial has a memory selector... a believe Kingston does.

BTW, and the kingston memory a have bought worked (not good for oc'ing but who cares it works) (only the "special kingston ram have i had problems)

if you go to newegg and check the feedback on "plain" kingston ram, you will see that it just works,

fastas

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012

I checked Kingston's site, and they don't have that mb listed for some reason. on Intel's site they have a list of verified RAM and that specific model is not listed, but I just assumed that it is because the model is newer than the mb...

I tried to reset the BIOS, didn't help. Tried to update but the version is already up to date.

Everything checks out, the voltage, the speed, I can't figure out why it won't work.