Computer won't POST and no display

blackjack3d

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
I just got my new motherboard, processor and RAM and after installing them my computer won't POST and my monitor is getting no signal.

The parts are a Gigabyte 870A-USB3 motherboard, an AMD FX-4 4100 Black Edition and some Corsair DDR3 RAM. Everything is seated and wired in correctly so the only issue I think there might be is the BIOS version. The motherboard says it is AM3+ CPU Ready and on the Gigabyte website shows that an update is required to use the processor I got. So is there anything I can do to flash the BIOS update get it to start without the computer being able to POST?

Thanks

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
So are the fans starting/led lights lit and all that jazz but no monitor signal or post beep? You can update the bios by using a flash drive and the @bios update in the bios but if you can't see that then I don't know.

blackjack3d

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011

Yea all the fans and leds are lit but the monitor displays no signal input and there is no beep. I've tried different graphics cards in and still get no display. Thanks for the help.

blackjack3d

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011

Unfortunately it doesn't have an onboard video card :p I've contacted Gigabyte to see what they say. Thanks for trying to help :)