Sign in with
Your question

ASRock z77 Extreme4 Not booting

Last response: in Motherboards
December 14, 2012 7:36:50 PM

I recent bought a ASRock z77 Extreme 4 with my i5 3750k processor. My computer was running fine until my motherboard gave out, but I went back to microcenter and exchanged my motherboard for a new one. I plugged it back in and now the lights on the motherboard aren't turning on, but everything else seems to be working.

I am not getting any images on the screen and the lights next to the power button on the motherboard don't turn on. Any suggestions?
a c 462 V Motherboard
December 14, 2012 7:39:43 PM

proflake said:
I recent bought a ASRock z77 Extreme 4 with my i5 3750k processor. My computer was running fine until my motherboard gave out, but I went back to microcenter and exchanged my motherboard for a new one. I plugged it back in and now the lights on the motherboard aren't turning on, but everything else seems to be working.

I am not getting any images on the screen and the lights next to the power button on the motherboard don't turn on. Any suggestions?

check for bent pins..may be your power supply lost a leg.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 14, 2012 7:47:23 PM

Ya, if it looked like the mobo went out and you got another and that one doesn't work, I'd look to some other component as being the actual culprit.
m
l
Related resources
December 14, 2012 7:50:44 PM

J_E_D_70 said:
Ya, if it looked like the mobo went out and you got another and that one doesn't work, I'd look to some other component as being the actual culprit.

Well the first one, was actually damaged where the processor was so that's why it stopped working (is what the guy said at microcenter).
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 14, 2012 7:57:30 PM

Yikes. I'd be skeered that the damage on the original mobo may have mangled the CPU. Any chance you can get your hands on a spare?
m
l
December 14, 2012 8:44:40 PM

Hmm I definitely hope not. I don't have another processor to try.. Would the CPU be the reason why the lights on the mobo don't do on?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 14, 2012 10:01:00 PM

That I don't know. That and a great many other things. Could try taking the new mobo back too if they'll let you. Would be insanely unlikely to have three bad ones.
m
l
!