PSP Mech Game - Name is?

I saw on a preview of games out on the PSP that they had a mech warrior'ish
game for it, anyone know the title? Possibly an import?

"Kenner Costen" <kenner.costen@cox.net> wrote in message news:<92X_d.260079$0u.82935@fed1read04>...
> I saw on a preview of games out on the PSP that they had a mech warrior'ish
> game for it, anyone know the title? Possibly an import?

The only mech game I know of for the PSP is Armored Core Formula
Front, which is nothing like mechwarrior/mechassult/btech

Kenner Costen wrote:

> I saw on a preview of games out on the PSP that they had a mech
> warrior'ish game for it, anyone know the title? Possibly an import?

That would probably be Armored Core. Rumor has it they're doing an English
conversion.

-Z-

Kenner Costen wrote:
> I saw on a preview of games out on the PSP that they had a mech warrior'ish
> game for it, anyone know the title? Possibly an import?

I beta tested one not too long ago, SLAI Phamtom Crash. I was not
impressed with it at all. Not into the whole Mech thing either though.
But it was lacking in alot of ways...graphics, levels, etc..

Go to http://gamerankings.com
Use the advanced search there, search for Mech or something. Should find
it if the one above is not what you where looking for or thinking of.

massivegrooves wrote:

> Kenner Costen wrote:
>
>> I saw on a preview of games out on the PSP that they had a mech
>> warrior'ish game for it, anyone know the title? Possibly an import?
>>

> I beta tested one not too long ago, SLAI Phamtom Crash. I was not
> impressed with it at all. Not into the whole Mech thing either though.
> But it was lacking in alot of ways...graphics, levels, etc..
>
> Go to http://gamerankings.com
> Use the advanced search there, search for Mech or something. Should find
> it if the one above is not what you where looking for or thinking of.

Forget what the heck I just wrote...I thought we were talking PS2, soon
as I hit send I saw the PSP thing ;) Still could likely find the
info/game at that site though.

It is Armored Core, but its not really a game. All you can do it design and
create mechs and then look and them in various sceneries and take snapshots
of them. You don't actually play anything that is combat related like other
mech games. Aparrently this type of game is huge in Japan, I doubt it'll do
well in the Americas. However, some people will probabaly buy it expecting a
combat based mech game and be disapointed.

"Kenner Costen" <kenner.costen@cox.net> wrote in message
>I saw on a preview of games out on the PSP that they had a mech warrior'ish
>game for it, anyone know the title? Possibly an import?

The demo I watched had combat. And I pray its not Armor Core, even though
everyone likes it I find it lacking as a "Mech" game.

Yes, Japan has games that are a different flavor then the US, based on
cultural differences, an example is, they have video games where all you do
is run around and talk to people. No combat, no nothing. They also have
games with extreme adult themes. I think "video game" porn would sell like
hot cakes in the US but it has been avoided like the plague. But in the US
if you can splatter somethings brains or wreck it, it doesnt seem to sell
well ;)

Kenner Costen wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:

> I think "video game" porn would sell like
> hot cakes in the US but it has been avoided like the plague.

With good reason: the ESRB would give any such game an "AO" rating, and
Sony has never approved an AO-rated game for the PS2 (and likely won't do
so for the PSP, either). Same goes for Nintendo for the GameCube/GBA/DS,
and Microsoft for the Xbox.

This is probably because of the perception that video game consoles are
"marketed for children", despite the video game player demographic
gradually skewing older over the past few years.

--
Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA

"Neil Bolt" <nbolt@nospam.nl.rogers.com> wrote in message news:<oJKdnT0cBdA0r6DfRVn-2Q@rogers.com>...
> It is Armored Core, but its not really a game. All you can do it design and
> create mechs and then look and them in various sceneries and take snapshots
> of them. You don't actually play anything that is combat related like other
> mech games. Aparrently this type of game is huge in Japan, I doubt it'll do
> well in the Americas. However, some people will probabaly buy it expecting a
> combat based mech game and be disapointed.

err.. you do know that the same AC game (formula front) for the PSP
also came out for the PS2 right? and it most definitely IS a mech
combat game. There are some definite differences. ie: you no longer
have missions, and you don't have to BUY anything, it's pure
customization now. However, the arena combat remains.

Shows what you know, I've actually seen a demo of the game too and I've read
all about it, it has no combat that the player controls, you customize your
mech then you see a short video clip of simulated combat, the palyer never
controls the mech.

> Shows what you know, I've actually seen a demo of the game too and I've
> read all about it, it has no combat that the player controls, you
> customize your mech then you see a short video clip of simulated combat,
> the palyer never controls the mech.

Having played many incarnations of Armored Core I can tell you that you do
get to control the Mechs. A big part of the game is customizing them but
there are also many missions to play.

Here is a review of the most recent PS2 incarnation:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/554/554859p1.html

> "Kenner Costen" <kenner.costen@cox.net> wrote in message
>> The demo I watched had combat. And I pray its not Armor Core, even
>> though everyone likes it I find it lacking as a "Mech" game.
>>
>> Yes, Japan has games that are a different flavor then the US, based on
>> cultural differences, an example is, they have video games where all
>> you do is run around and talk to people. No combat, no nothing. They
>> also have games with extreme adult themes. I think "video game" porn
>> would sell like hot cakes in the US but it has been avoided like the
>> plague. But in the US if you can splatter somethings brains or wreck
>> it, it doesnt seem to sell well ;)
>>
>> "Neil Bolt" <nbolt@nospam.nl.rogers.com> wrote in message
>>> It is Armored Core, but its not really a game. All you can do it
>>> design and create mechs and then look and them in various sceneries
>>> and take snapshots of them. You don't actually play anything that is
>>> combat related like other mech games. Aparrently this type of game is
>>> huge in Japan, I doubt it'll do well in the Americas. However, some
>>> people will probabaly buy it expecting a combat based mech game and be
>>> disapointed.
>>>

>>> "Kenner Costen" <kenner.costen@cox.net> wrote in message

Yes, I have played Armored Core games before too, but the PSP one is
different.
They had a preview in the January Official Playstation Magazine, I'm pretty
sure they said it didn't have combat, just combat video clips.

"Fuzzy Logic" <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> wrote in message
> "Neil Bolt" <nbolt@nospam.nl.rogers.com> wrote in
>
>> Shows what you know, I've actually seen a demo of the game too and I've
>> read all about it, it has no combat that the player controls, you
>> customize your mech then you see a short video clip of simulated combat,
>> the palyer never controls the mech.
>
> Having played many incarnations of Armored Core I can tell you that you do
> get to control the Mechs. A big part of the game is customizing them but
> there are also many missions to play.
>
> Here is a review of the most recent PS2 incarnation:
>
> http://ps2.ign.com/articles/554/554859p1.html
>
>> "Kenner Costen" <kenner.costen@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> The demo I watched had combat. And I pray its not Armor Core, even
>>> though everyone likes it I find it lacking as a "Mech" game.
>>>
>>> Yes, Japan has games that are a different flavor then the US, based on
>>> cultural differences, an example is, they have video games where all
>>> you do is run around and talk to people. No combat, no nothing. They
>>> also have games with extreme adult themes. I think "video game" porn
>>> would sell like hot cakes in the US but it has been avoided like the
>>> plague. But in the US if you can splatter somethings brains or wreck
>>> it, it doesnt seem to sell well ;)
>>>
>>> "Neil Bolt" <nbolt@nospam.nl.rogers.com> wrote in message

dogfood

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
i just realized this game has not combat... do the mech talk in this game with eachother?
and will this one day turn into robot hentai ?

I saw on a preview of games out on the PSP that they had a mech warrior'ish
game for it, anyone know the title? Possibly an import?

yea warrior

I saw on a preview of games out on the PSP that they had a mech warrior'ish
game for it, anyone know the title? Possibly an import?

gears of war

TRENDING THREADS