Need help with deciding the next graphics card to get....

sixstring88

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I am usually strictly Nvidia but have been looking into getting an ATI (specifically a Radeon 6790, my old card is a GTS 250). So I wanna know what you guys opinions are of Nvidia vs. ATI like pros and cons (not trying to start an argument, everyone is entitled to an opinion lol). I just wanna know what based on your experiences I should get I would like to stay in the 150 dollar price range though. I would also like to know what brands are good like EVGA (which I decided is pretty much what I will go for with Nvidia if I go with it again), but I pretty much wanna know what the best brand for ATI is (like I said feel pretty strong about EVGA for Nvidia based on what I hear) like is XFX good? I run an AMD system by the way (Athlon II 635 Propus 2.9Ghz with 4 gb of ram and 2 500 gb hard drives with a 700 watt power supply)

I would also stick with Nvidia because of thier driver support and Evga is definatly the company to go with , they are simply great with thier tech support and warrenty. I have done a few RMA'S with them and I recieved a new card every time , not a repaired one or a refurb a brand new in retail package sealed in plastic one. Lets face it with the manufacturing of so many cards there are bound to be defective ones and it is good to find a company that stands behind thier product like Evga. Also my post is kind of one sided but I have never bought an ATI/RADEON card.

EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1557-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card $159.99 and a $20 rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130629

TRENDING THREADS