irfanview .ra plug in

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 21, 2005 6:45:31 AM

hi guys
I know this refers to an .ra plug in but I thought there would be more
experts on irfanview here than anywhere else.....
I downloaded the above plug in for real audio player. But when I try
to open an .ra music sample off Amazon.co.uk although irfanview is
automatically opened I get an error message saying:
"c:/documents and settings/tp 600/local settings/temporary internet
files/content ie5/0D680HQV/HURL[1].ra: Can't read file header!
Unknown file format!"
Why is this if I have downloaded the .ra plug in?

More about : irfanview plug

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 10:40:56 PM

rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com wrote in news:1114076731.431292.256570
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> "c:/documents and settings/tp 600/local settings/temporary internet
> files/content ie5/0D680HQV/HURL[1].ra: Can't read file header!
> Unknown file format!"
> Why is this if I have downloaded the .ra plug in?

Because Irfanview doesn't play streaming media from a website.
You will have to download the complete file to your HD and then play it.
Or use Real Alternative (Media Player Classic with codec pack).

--
Onno Voors
Anonymous

Hi
> I have downloaded media player classic from previous post link but it still does not work with streamed .ra files from Amazon. I assume that this is because I have not downloaded Codecs (I am not sure what these are). Can you point me where I can download these?

> Because Irfanview doesn't play streaming media from a website.
> You will have to download the complete file to your HD and then play it.
> Or use Real Alternative (Media Player Classic with codec pack).
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 10:41:05 PM

(top posting corrected)
rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com (rosenmarsh) wrote in

>> Because Irfanview doesn't play streaming media from a website.
>> You will have to download the complete file to your HD and then play
>> it. Or use Real Alternative (Media Player Classic with codec pack).
>
> Hi
> I have downloaded media player classic from previous post link but it
> still does not work with streamed .ra files from Amazon. I assume
> that this is because I have not downloaded Codecs (I am not sure what
> these are). Can you point me where I can download these?

Please reply underneath the text you quote.

As I wrote, you must use Real Alternative, not just MPC. Google will find
it for you.

--
Onno Voors
!