Working when in screen saving mode

Hakane

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Hi folks,

I noticed a couple of times that my computer is working when it enters the screen saving mode. I find it pretty strange because before it enters the screen saving mode im leaving the computer with all programs closed and it its simply just on the desktop.

Do anybody know why it does that? Is it a problem? I'm abit concerned, could it be someone trying to access my computer?

Note: What i mean with "working" is that the harddrive led is blinking fast, just like if you are loading a program.

/Hakan

Background programs are likely accessing your HDD while in the screensaver mode. These programs could include antivirus programs, automatic windows updates, and various system and event monitoring programs that record and log system changes, temperatures, fan activity, CPU activity, and running processes, etc.

If you do not have such programs, you could download and install a free antivrus and scan your system, remove any bad things it finds. You could also download and install free anti-malware programs, like Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes, and scan you machine, again removing bad things.

TRENDING THREADS