pokettomonstua

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Hey, this is my first time building a computer. what do i have to do after i got computer build up and installed windows? what programs do i have to download beside drivers? software like temperature reading, case fans speed controller and etc. please give me some advice.

Thanks in Advance!!!

DoomsWord89

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
I suggest that you benchmark you computer to make sure that there are no issues with anyone of the primary hardware. I suggest one of the many 3Dmark and Unigine programs, they can be found for free.

Hardware Monitor is also a must. It will allow you to monitor temps and voltage on nearly all peripherals.

CPU-Z and GPU-Z are also good programs to monitor hardware voltages and speeds.

Fan Speed is a program that will allow you to control the speeds of your fans via the motherboard fan headers.

If you plan to OC, you will need Prime95 to test the stability of your OC. It also helps to detect RAM errors on occasion.

Memtest is probably the preferred tool for detecting RAM errors though.

Naturally, you are going to need an AV program. There are plenty of free programs like Avast and Malwarebyts

pokettomonstua

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011

Thanks for these information.
by the way after i run these tests how do i know it's at right temp, voltages, speed, etc?

DoomsWord89

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011

3DMark provides you with the baseline score of your system and alerts you if it appears low.

If you wish to do so, feel free to post your specs. Then after you run the tests come back and post the results and findings and I and several others would gladly let you know if anything seems abnormal.

pokettomonstua

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011

Alright Thanks. I appreciated.

With regards to software, I strongly suggest Real Temp for showing accurate temperatures in your tray.

If you want to overclock the GPU, MSI Afterburner works really well. It works on non-MSI cards just as well, so no worries of incompatibility.

pokettomonstua

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011

ok thanks. ill look into those.