Side Case Fan Blowing In or Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With out getting into a big debate about positive vs. negative pressure inside a computer case;

which way should I put the side fan (behind the motherboard tray) on the Antec Three Hundred Two case I'm going to get.

This case will have ALL fans possible:

2 x 120mm fan in front, intake, over the hard drives.
1 x 120mm Fan on left side, intake, onto the graphics card.
1 x 140mm fan on top, exhaust out the top.
2 x 120mm fans, in push/pull, thru an Antec H20 CPU cooler radiator, exhaust out the back.

The right side fan is on the back side of the motherboard tray, for cooling the back of the motherboard area "under" the CPU.

If this fan blows in, it (could) blown dust all over the back of the motherboard. :non:

But if it blows out, will it really cool anything? :sarcastic:

But if it blows out, it would (theoritically) create a "static" or slightly negative pressure into the case (3x120mm intake - 2x120mm exhaust - 1x140mm exhaust). :bounce:

I think I'l go with exhaust/out, and see if it really moves any air. :whistle:

I don't see a dust intake problem that's any more adverse than the left side panel intake fan.

The passive venting in the case won't allow any type of negative or positive air pressure of any consequence.

Your testing program would have a baseline result without the right side fan.
Plus testing results with the fan as intake and exhaust.

Well, I gave up.

I picked up the case last night, and during assembly, I didn't like the case! (Antec Three Hundred Two)

I returned it today, and put my other one back together. (Antec P280) This case has no side fans, althought the case has 8 fans overall, so my system will be and is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.