Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte Nvidea bios flashed but now installed HD 6870

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 104 U Graphics card
September 13, 2011 2:55:51 PM

Hello.
I have had a Gigabyte gtx 560 ti SOC and to get that running proparly i had to flash the bios with a program from gigabyte ( Gigabyte VGA@Bios ). Because of terrible tearing problems i had with it i bought a 6870 ( i thought it was the 560 though, the same is happening now with the 6870, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. ) but do i have to manually get the bios flash undone or something. I tried the same bios flash program with the 6870 just to see what it would say about the current bios and it says now : "bios version unkown" no card detected.
I suppose it's allright then and i don't have to do anything to the bios anymore ?
Still i'm puzzeled because i used driver sweeper to remove the old nvidea drivers and rebooted after that and driversweeper again claimed to have found the same nvidea settings, cleaned them a third time and the same happend again, still nvidea. ( and AMD btw ) Is this beacuse of the bios or is DS just wrong ?
Is there a way to look at the bios to see if there is nvidea mentioned somewhere ? ( i have Win 7 64 )
a b U Graphics card
September 13, 2011 3:17:21 PM

is the page tearing happening in games or is it at the start and end of video files especially flash videos?
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
September 13, 2011 3:39:08 PM

Not really the question from this thread but if you can help with that problem it would also be great. ( very great ! )
Playing games when i move fast around from one side to another on the map, but it has a lot to do with vsync i think, i have to switch it off otherwise it will really stutter and hang. When off it's better but still i can't get the picture running smooth, it still tears. No difference btw at lower settings. When i stay at one place or just move around a litlle bit the picture is better but still with some games it stutters a bit even when i don't move around. I had a previous thread about this problem but nobody really seems to know the answer, so i just have to live with that i'm afraid.
In case you wanne know ; i7 870 2,9 ghz, 8G ram, mobo ami p01-a3, cm gx750, samsung syncmaster bx2250, 1920x1080 60hz, hdmi cable.
m
l
!