Lost onboard soundcard

After installing a ASUS gtx 650 TI videocard I 'lost' my soundcard. I installed all possible drivers (realtec) but noting works. PC wizard detect a soundcard but in hardware the yellow ?mark remains.

Moederbord : HP 0A58h
Chipset : Intel Q963
Processor : Intel Pentium D 820 @ 2800 MHz
Fysiek Geheugen : 4096 MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
Videokaart : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Harde Schijf : SAMSUNG HD103SJ (1000GB)
Harde Schijf : SAMSUNG HD501LJ (500GB)

Is there a possebillity to 'get back' my soundcard.
Thanks in advance.
5 answers Last reply
More about lost onboard soundcard
  1. Its more of a software issue. Uninstall the Realtek driver and see if Windows detects it then.
  2. The onboard soundcard "got lost", because the video driver for your gtx 650 switched the standard playback device to it's hdmi output (control panel / sound). Start with what mihir94 said, cause you probably messed up the realtek driver.
  3. As Mihir94 wrote, I removed with drivesweep the Realtec drivers and removed in hardware the soundcard. Problem remains: Detect the hardware but after install the driver it still doesn't work.
  4. noidea_77 said:
    The onboard soundcard "got lost", because the video driver for your gtx 650 switched the standard playback device to it's hdmi output (control panel / sound). Start with what mihir94 said, cause you probably messed up the realtek driver.

As Mihir94 wrote, I removed with drivesweep the Realtec drivers and removed in hardware the soundcard. Problem remains: Detect the hardware but after install the driver it still doesn't work. Any ideas?
  5. Check the BIOS settings for on-board devices when you have the card in the system. Make sure integrated audio is enabled. The MB will reset this to disabled when a different video card is plugged in....
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Gtx Sound Cards