Sabertooth z77 vs msi z77 mpwoer vs asrock extr 6

sahil121

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
i know from the title u must be thinking i dont know much about motherboards and all.
i have compared sabertooth z77($309 in india) & asrock z77 extreme 6($200 in india)...but i have compared those two different pricepoint mobos because i am intrested in their gaming performance.

i am building my system this christmas.have select5ed i5 3570k & asus gtx 660ti

what you people think is the $100 difference between asus and asrock is really worth considering gaming & milld oc?
or should i choose msi z77 mpower(nice reviews & $272 price tag)?

also i am interested about maximus v gene gaming performance($245 i Know it's Micro ATX but ROG Board)

i love sabertooth's looks & 5years warranty but is it really worth the price?

so which mobo you people suggest for gaming and also which is the most value for money?

and please guys give your suggestions about their build quality if poosible(that's too matters for me :D) and which board makes me future proof(at least 3 4 years)...
thank you :hello:

Solution

Price makes the Asrock the best choice and it will overclock just as well as the others. You will not notice any...

sahil121

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012

if i consider gaming and mild overclock(4.2ghz) only then extreme 6 is a better choice?also sabertooth have realtek alc892 compared to alc898 on extreme 6?does it make a noticeable difference?

or my freind suggested me asus p8z77-v pro(but it's color scheme don't appeal to me much)

i know there must be somethings special about sabertooth but $110 difference is too much.

what's your thought's about msi big bang z77 mpower?

also my other freind recommended me asus maximus v gene(Micro Atx but <3 ROG) what you think about it?

i am so much concerned about looks cause i have NZXT LEXA S with side window

:bounce:

sahil121

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012

yes i can see so much attractive features on extreme 6 and sabertooth lacks those but i am not getting why asus want so much money for it?if sabertooth is awesome and have betre performance then i will choose sabertooth.
so please tell me is sabertooth worth the money or should i stick with extreme 6?

i know asus have one of the best bios in market also 5 years warranty is awesome thing.....but are those things worth the money?

Price makes the Asrock the best choice and it will overclock just as well as the others. You will not notice any difference in sound.
Sabertooth is more expensive to make because of the shielding over the board which explains much of the difference.
Do not know the Mpower but have had many MSI boards that were fine.
I would never buy a mATX board unless the case I was using called for it.

Solution

sahil121

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
also guys i am currently using ddr2 memory so have no idea about ddr3 memory...
i am bit confused about word "dual channel"?what's the mean of it..is it called dual channel cause you use two memory modules simultaneously (2*4gb)?

i am confused cause in india single 4gb module cost $25 but same module with 8gb bundle(2*4gb) cost $61 so whats the point in paying $11 more for same memory?or there is something i am missing?

sahil121

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
thanx rolli for clearing my doubts...you are awesome person.thanx a lot for helping me :D
will choose extreme 6 for price and features and will spend those extra money for betre cooling(currently i am having cooler master hyper tx3)....will it run my upcoming i5 3570k at 3.8ghz?or should i look for betre cooler?

sahil121

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012

hey rolli according to you which is best cpu cooler between corsair H60 & Antec Kuhler H20 620?
or should i look for air cooling?want to oc atleast 4.2GHz

sahil121

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012