Solved

Intel Turbo Boost

Hi,

I've been planning on overclocking for a while now, but it seems that I can't go up any higher then 3.8 GHz in my motherboard. I have a feeling that turbo boost is holding me back so I would like to have it disabled. If not, then please tell me why I cannot go up any higher then that. Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel i5 3570k
Motherboard: AsRock H77 Pro4-M
GPU: GTX 570
PSU: OCZ 600 Watt

Let me know if I missed anything, and please try and help me out!

Thanks!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about intel turbo boost
  1. H77 is not for overclocking and is holding you back since it does not allow for using the multiplier like a Z77 board will.
  2. Best answer
    You have a h77 mobo it's normal that you can only get 3.8 ghz with turbo boost cause you can't overclock with that board.
    You should have bought a z77 for that.

Z77 :

• Processor frequency adjustment
    • Processor voltage adjustment
    • Memory clock adjustments
    • Memory voltage adjustments

H77 :

• Processor Maximum Non-Turbo Ratio (processor multiplier can only be adjusted down)
    • Memory multiplier adjustment
    • Memory voltage adjustment
    • Graphics multiplier adjustment
  3. rolli59 said:
    H77 is not for overclocking and is holding you back since it does not allow for using the multiplier like a Z77 board will.

You still can overclock can you? I've seen a video that overclocks my CPU with my Mobo.
  4. Not really.
  5. AHHHHHHH! Would a Z77 Pro 3 be any better?
  6. Yes since then you can overclock using the unlocked multiplier on your "K" CPU.
  7. rolli59 said:
    Yes since then you can overclock using the unlocked multiplier on your "K" CPU.

Well that's just great, I got a K CPU and can't even overclock past 3.8 GHz... Is 3.8 GHz even good?
  8. Best answer selected by sharpshooter_992.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Turbo Boost