Sign in with
Your question

HDMI to VGA to S-video on xbox 360?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 13, 2011 8:38:21 PM

Hello, I know this is a strange question, bu bear with me. I want to run my xbox360 in HD on my samsung p2250 (DVI or VGA inputs) as well as thru my Dazzle (preferably s-video input).

Would I be able to run this set up
HDMI > HDMI: DVI adapter > DVI: DVI /VGA splitter with DVI end > monitor
and VGA end > VGA:s-video adapter > Dazzle > pc

The main question here is would the VGA:s-video adapter work, since they always say "Note: Your VGA card must support TV out directly through VGA port function." ???? Sound wont be an issue as I have that covered. Also, if Im going to lose quality or generate lag to my monitor, it would be nice to know.
a b U Graphics card
September 13, 2011 9:54:07 PM

No, it won't work. Actually, the VGA wouldn't even work in this setup. The DVI to DVI/VGA splitters are used generally for dual-monitor setups where you connect two monitors to a single DVI connector on a card that supports dual monitors through one connector. It doesn't mirror the image to both DVI and VGA.
m
l
August 18, 2012 8:45:07 PM

This is not recommended. Even if you use active converters you still might run into issues because you will be doing multiple conversion. I would recommend looking into the possibility of getting a Multi Video Matrix Switch. You can check KVMSwitchTech as they offer a wide range of HDMI Matrix solutions.
m
l
!