Hi everyone, this is what i have in mind:

*Antec Dark Fleet DF85 Red Case
*Intel i7 2600K Processor (LGA 1155) CPU
*ASUS ENGTX570 GPU
*ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z ROG (USB 3.0 , Sandybridge) Mobo
*Antec HCG-750 High Current Gaming PSU
*Western Digital WD2TB 7200Rpm
*Intel SSD 311 Series 20 Gigs
*Antec Kuhler H2O 620 (Sealed Liquid Cooling)
*Creative X-Fi Titanium Blaster (Sound Card)

Feel welcome to give your opinion and improve where needed.
The price of this rig is approx my budget.

Area85Gaming

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Case: Great choice, love the DF-85.

CPU: Get the Intel Core i5-2500K. The 2600K is mainly for the hyper threading feature for video/graphic editors.

Video Card: Not bad, you should be able to manage with the 570. Though, you could use the money you save changing to the i5-2500K to go to the 580.

MoBo: Very nice choice. But question: Are you planning to SLI in the future?

PSU: Antec is a good brand, no qualms there.

HDD/SSD: What are you going to do with a 20GB SSD? Spend the majority of your money invested in those to get away from the mechanical HDs. I suggest the Crucial M4 128GB SSD or the OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD. Should be all you need.

Cooler: Look into the Corsair H80 and H100 line of coolers. They are slim, quiet and liquid cooled.

Also, drop the audio card. You don't need it. Just use the one built into the MoBo.

Area85Gaming

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

+1 on the overkill for what he wants to do.

-1 on the ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 MoBo

I'll tell you why:

The ASRock Extreme4, while at first look is a great mobo with all the bells and whistles, it is mediocre at best. The Extreme4 series is supposed to be ASRock's "top of the line" mobo, yet it lacks in performance ratings, compatibility and overall room on the board itself.

A lot of the problems people have been having are fitting heatsinks, etc on the board because the space is so cramped. If you want to know more, please let me know, I found a very good review on the board from where I am pulling my information.

But for ASRock to be a subdivision of Asus, which brings us killer motherboards, they are truly sub-par to their designs. It truly kills me.

I would honestly go with a Asus P8P67 EVO or Deluxe (Depending on funds) or look into the EVGA P67 FTW board.

TRENDING THREADS