Sign in with
Your question

ASrock Extreme 4 z77 Drivers

Last response: in Motherboards
December 15, 2012 4:21:45 PM

Hello,

on ASRock's site there are many drivers that i don't know which one are a MUST HAVE an which NOT NEEDED.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/?cat=Down...

My build is:

i7 3770k
Noctua NH-14
ASRock Extreme 4
32gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz
ASUS 670 GTX DirectCU II
Corsair AX850W
OCZ RevoDrive 120gb SSD (PCI-E)
WD Caviar Green 3TB Sata 3
X-Fi Fatality Platinum Champion Series

Thank you
December 15, 2012 4:34:49 PM

Have you installed the original drivers from the motherboard CD/DVD? If yes then there is almost always an auto-update utility included, or, an auto-detect function within the manufacturer's website.
December 15, 2012 4:37:39 PM

To be honest i didn't cos i though this one's are newer...
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a c 431 V Motherboard
December 15, 2012 4:40:56 PM

new build check list...mb bios on first power up check to see what rev it is and what rev on the vendor web page...see if any downloads are needed for bug fixes. check firmware of ssd if there is one to make sure ssd has newest firmware..
install motherboard chipset drivers. (intel). from intel chipset download. install driver and then reboot.
if using onboard video then you need to download intel cpu chipset video driver.
need network and sound drivers. then check in windows device manager for any missing drivers...3 party usb or sata drivers.
December 15, 2012 4:41:50 PM

Then I would definitely start with the drivers you got with the motherboard then visit the site. You may be able to do it completely via the website but it might be a lengthy and difficult process - depending on the website/s. Some do offer auto scanning of your system - see if yours does.

Edit - for proof of difficulty (depending on your experience) check out smorizio above.
!