How to connect to a second router

sazkion

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Hey everyone I have been having problems with setting up a server that my friends can connect to and I think it's because of a second router that's blocking the port.
My network connection is set up like this
Clear (my isp) - Modem - to Router/Phonebox - main router (everything is connected to this one) - and then my computer.

I'm trying to figure out how to connect to the Router/Phonebox so I can disable the security since my main router's security is set the way I like it. Is this possible?
Thanks

sazkion

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
The one I'm trying to disable security on is a Linksys Phone Adapter with router. The model is SPA2102-SF

My main router is a WRT54GL. This was used as the main router before I got Clear

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
You have a modem (Clear) connected to your main router WRT54GL (wireless) then the Linksys Phone Adapter with router is connected to one of WRT54GL ports (connect this as an access point) - The WRT54GL has an SSID with pass then the Linksys should have a different SSID with pass. Is this what you want?

sazkion

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
I think so, in order to access my main router I type in 192.168.1.1 and it brings me to the setup page. I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to connect to the phone adapter the same way.

It's opposite though, the modem is connected the the phone adapter and then the main router is connected to the phone adapter. I used the router before I got Clear so it functions as a regular router

sazkion

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008

whats the name and model of router b /phonebox.
Here you go

sazkion

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
sorry didnt see your second post and dEAnes post. did you do what he said?

this is the adress username and password for the second one Linksys
http://192.168.1.1
admin
admin

Dhcp should be disabled on the second router and should be enabled on the first router. Is that what you want to know
Well it turns out the phonebox/router doesn't have any security. It was actually the modem that did. Thanks though