Realtek Network Controller not found

icu222much

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
I just built a new system and installed Windows 7 on my SSD. When Windows tried to authenticate itself it failed as it could not connect to the internet. Upon closer inspection of my Ethernet Controller device, its properties says that "The drivers for this device are not installed". I ran the LAN Realtek driver installation that came with the motherboard but received the error: "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled, Please Plug the Cable".

I have tried removing my RAM and motherboard battery for 10 minutes, but that did not fix it. I've also resetted my UEFI BIOS but that did not work either.

Do I have a defected motherboard, or is there a step I am missing.

I want to note that prior to installing Windows 7 on my SSD, I ran MemTest86+ for several hours on my RAM. I also installed Windows 7 on another hard drive to run Prime95 for several hours. That hard drive that contains Prime95 + Windows 7 is not connected to the motherboard.

tdhorne

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
I had the same problem with my win7 environment so I reinstalled using the cd that came with my motherboard. I opened the device Manager, located the network adapter right click -->selected Update driver software --> Selected the Browse my computer for driver software --> selected the drive where the cd resided and traversed down the path " \drivers\lan\lan\win7\64bit. " Installed without any errors.

anveshvarma

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
i too have the same problem with the ethernet controller....but to update the driver the adapter was not at all detected in the device manager....can u give mre the solution problem.....iam suffering with this problem since 2 weeks...