Your question
Solved

Damaged motherboard ?

Tags:
  • Memory
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Memory
December 15, 2012 5:55:39 PM

Hello, ok i recently ordered a hyper 212 CM and installed it on my H61 mobo which may have been a very bad mistake, I may have damaged my mobo my that things weight IDK, but I also ordered ram and put it in the wrong way but I wasn't paying when I was installing it, but I didn't force it that much, so I do not know what to do. My computer fans just start spinning and I hear my hdd and my disk drive start up but then it shuts off and it rinses and repeats the process, I also used the ram and the pc turned on but then I did something and its not working anymore, so from this description which may not be very descriptive XD I need to know what to do.

Also CAN a little bit of thermal paste ruin a cpu if it gets on the underside of it...its just a very thin layer but its on like 3 of the flat pins that connect to the mobo socket.

So what should I do, Im so nervous ive destroyed my cpu,ram,mobo but I don't recall using that much force :cry: 

More about : damaged motherboard

Best solution

a c 251 } Memory
a c 1163 V Motherboard
December 15, 2012 6:40:39 PM

Ram can not go in the wrong without force! Thermal paste on the pin side of CPU can short out the CPU and socket.
Related resources
December 15, 2012 10:49:39 PM

well I dont think I had the cpu hooked up yet but thank you
m
l
December 15, 2012 10:49:46 PM

Best answer selected by trolling troll.
m
l
!