chipping ps2 in the uk

hey is there any one still chipping ps2 in the uk?
if so how would i get in contact with them?

---

sarah

you could just search the net & find them, don't ask the kids iin this
newsgroup cause they didn't get their nappy.

some:
http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

"blade1981" <nitesh_gosai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hey is there any one still chipping ps2 in the uk?
> if so how would i get in contact with them?

dont be too surprised if no one steps up and volunteers. now that its
illegal to even HAVE a chipped console in the uk there arent gonna be too
many people willing to risk it.

blade1981 schrieb:
> hey is there any one still chipping ps2 in the uk?
> if so how would i get in contact with them?

Sell your old PS2 and order a premodded ps2 from another EU country?

Jan

"wd" <wd@none.com> wrote in message news:Vye%d.5048$fn3.1613@attbi_s01...

> "blade1981" <nitesh_gosai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> hey is there any one still chipping ps2 in the uk?
>> if so how would i get in contact with them?
>>

> dont be too surprised if no one steps up and volunteers. now that its
> illegal to even HAVE a chipped console in the uk there arent gonna be too
> many people willing to risk it.

Just would like to know the basis that makes this illegal. I mean the unit
is personally owned, shouldn't the owner be allowed to do anything he wants
with it? Its OK to modify one's own car right?

"Ezran" <narze@tm.net.my> wrote in message

> "wd" <wd@none.com> wrote in message news:Vye%d.5048$fn3.1613@attbi_s01...
>>
>> "blade1981" <nitesh_gosai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> hey is there any one still chipping ps2 in the uk?
>>> if so how would i get in contact with them?
>>>

>> dont be too surprised if no one steps up and volunteers. now that its
>> illegal to even HAVE a chipped console in the uk there arent gonna be too
>> many people willing to risk it.
>>

> Just would like to know the basis that makes this illegal. I mean the unit
> is personally owned, shouldn't the owner be allowed to do anything he
> wants with it? Its OK to modify one's own car right?

Depends on what mods, not sure where you live but here in the US you can't
for example, take all the lights off of your car, or lower it so that the
headlights sit less than 20 or 22 inches above the road. You also have a
limit as to how much horsepower your car can make unless you only want to
use it on the track.

"Ezran" <narze@tm.net.my> wrote in message

> "wd" <wd@none.com> wrote in message news:Vye%d.5048$fn3.1613@attbi_s01...
> >
> > "blade1981" <nitesh_gosai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> hey is there any one still chipping ps2 in the uk?
> >> if so how would i get in contact with them?
> >>

> > dont be too surprised if no one steps up and volunteers. now that its
> > illegal to even HAVE a chipped console in the uk there arent gonna be
too
> > many people willing to risk it.
> >

> Just would like to know the basis that makes this illegal. I mean the unit
> is personally owned, shouldn't the owner be allowed to do anything he
wants
> with it? Its OK to modify one's own car right?

the law has to do with the circumvention of copy protection, any device
designed for that purpose is illegal to build/sell/own/etc there now.

try dms forums might help
"Jan Lucas" <jan@lucas-berlin.de> wrote in message
> blade1981 schrieb:
> > hey is there any one still chipping ps2 in the uk?
> > if so how would i get in contact with them?
>
> Sell your old PS2 and order a premodded ps2 from another EU country?
>
> Jan

billy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003

"nicholas waiton" <nickwaiton@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> try dms forums might help
> "Jan Lucas" <jan@lucas-berlin.de> wrote in message
>> blade1981 schrieb:
>> > hey is there any one still chipping ps2 in the uk?
>> > if so how would i get in contact with them?
>>
>> Sell your old PS2 and order a premodded ps2 from another EU country?
>>
>> Jan

Also might want to try www.forums.afterdawn.com and scroll down to ps2
section.

Bill