Sign in with
Your question

Asrock Extreme4 stopped responding at all

Last response: in Motherboards
December 15, 2012 11:58:33 PM

Turned my pc off last night it was fine. Hit power button this morning, reacted for a split second and now nothing. Tested power supply and It's good. Removed everything but cpu and 1 ram stick still nothing. Worked for 2 months and just stopped working for no appearent reason. Any thoughts?
a c 157 V Motherboard
a c 133 ) Power supply
December 16, 2012 3:39:38 AM

Try resetting your CMOS clock, sometimes that's all it takes.
Good luck.
December 16, 2012 4:23:42 AM

C12Friedman said:
Try resetting your CMOS clock, sometimes that's all it takes.
Good luck.

Yeup tried that and no luck. Thanks for replying though
Related resources
a c 475 V Motherboard
a b ) Power supply
December 16, 2012 5:18:57 AM

green wire trick only shows that a power supply will turn on..if it missing a leg or there a dead short in the system you wont find it that way.if you have a volt meter check the voltage output on each leg.
December 16, 2012 1:20:34 PM

smorizio said:
green wire trick only shows that a power supply will turn on..if it missing a leg or there a dead short in the system you wont find it that way.if you have a volt meter check the voltage output on each leg.

Sorry, I wasn't specific, I hooked it up to another pc and it worked fine. I was really hoping it was the power supply but at this point that seems unlikely.
a c 157 V Motherboard
a c 133 ) Power supply
December 16, 2012 1:40:25 PM

Check all connections real good, check that ram is fully seated. It sure doesn't sound good here. You may want swap out single ram modules if you haven't tried each... hmmmm
a c 559 V Motherboard
a b ) Power supply
December 16, 2012 1:59:52 PM

Hi, Can you attach a case speaker to the motherboard?
December 16, 2012 2:16:18 PM

alexoiu said:
Hi, Can you attach a case speaker to the motherboard?

I'm afraid I don't have access to a case with a speaker or just a loose case speaker available. What would be the importance of using one?
a c 559 V Motherboard
a b ) Power supply
December 16, 2012 2:20:45 PM

Yes. If starting the board with only CPU and CPU fan installed, you should get the error bees signaling no RAMs present. If no beeps, then you'll know that there's either a board or a CPU issue.
December 16, 2012 2:25:14 PM

alexoiu said:
Yes. If starting the board with only CPU and CPU fan installed, you should get the error bees signaling no RAMs present. If no beeps, then you'll know that there's either a board or a CPU issue.

Ah, system doesn't even turn on to get that far.
a c 559 V Motherboard
a b ) Power supply
December 16, 2012 2:31:57 PM

The system that you've tested the power supply has a 4 or 8-pin 12V connector also?
December 16, 2012 2:53:42 PM

alexoiu said:
The system that you've tested the power supply has a 4 or 8-pin 12V connector also?

It did, I also used my own ram and cpu in the other motherboard and no issue.
Something on my board must have failed but for no apparent reason. I heard that Asrock may have a higher fail rate, it may be true.
a c 559 V Motherboard
a b ) Power supply
December 16, 2012 3:04:19 PM

Then yes, most probably it's a board issue. Try RMA-ing it.
!