Sign in with
Your question

Updated BIOS, now Desktop takes 1 minute to load?

Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • Sabertooth
  • BIOS
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
December 16, 2012 12:48:04 AM

I have the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, and I just flashed my bios to the newest version (SABERTOOTH-990FX-R20-ASUS-1302).
Everything seems to have gone fine, except now when it finishes showing the windows logo when it boots up, and my desktop shows up, my icons show up after a second or two, but my gadgets take a full minute to appear and my internet connectivity icon spins as if searching for my internet for a full minute as well. If I try and open anything, it will just sit there thinking until that minute is up and then everything pops open all at once.

Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
CPU: 8350 FX 4.0 GHz
GPU: MSI 660TI
RAM: 8 GB 1600MHz GSkill
PSU: 650W Corsair
SSD: Samsung 260 GB

Any help is appreciated, I have no idea what to even try. Thanks.

More about : updated bios desktop takes minute load

a b V Motherboard
December 16, 2012 12:56:56 AM

Any particular reason WHY you updated your BIOS?, BIOS updates have amoto. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" so saying that means if your computer is running fine.. no need to update the BIOS
m
l
December 16, 2012 1:27:31 AM

The computer was not running fine, but it seemed to be a graphics card issue, maybe a graphics card that the mobo was having compatibility issues with (as per another post I read, it seemed that updating the BIOS would potentially fix it. It does seem to be running much better now once the computer is fully loaded).

Anyway, any ideas on what to try?
m
l
Related resources
April 7, 2013 10:29:58 AM

I have the same issue, has anyone got a fix for this?
m
l
April 7, 2013 10:40:00 AM

I had to do a clean install of windows, but it fixed the problem.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2013 7:14:58 PM

Good to hear!
m
l
!