Whats my pc worth

vollade

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Hay im wanting to sell my pc, but dont want to sell to low or too high, can you help me price it properly,
Im running the asus crosshair4 mother board and running the phenom 1090t hexicore prossesor, with 1000w silverstone full moduler psu.
Ati Raideon 5870 2800+mhz card
im using the crosshair h50 liquid cooling system, and have 5 case fans running, 200mm on the side, and cool master excaliber 120mm top back and front fans, , memory is 4gig ddr3 dual channel crosshair dominator gt 2000mhz.
And please no stuped childish awnsers that have eather no actuall relation too the post, or just a stuped £10.00 awnser, if i wanted childish arogant remarks like that i would ask my 8year old opinion, not you, so seriouse awnsers plz, thnx

vollade

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
not realy an awnser tbh m8, it cost just a smige over 2k and i know its not worth 1k now, but i know its more than £400.00 just how much i dont know, ive been told 8 hundred is a good buy for it but want to be sure

vollade

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
whel:p £600 would be more like it tbh, i know there worth more seprate but going by second hand prices for moast of the parts $600 would be stuped to settle at, the system isnt that old, and with bulldozer falling way down on what they planned it to be like, the board still isnt history yet, ok there may be the upgraded version of the board but this one still sells for a bit, second hand or brand new, so without looking properly at the specs of each item ive posted on, you cant come up with a price like that, especally when its in dollars, and that means about £300, if im right, pluss with the system being verry stable and manages to handle every game i throw at it full pelt, without a drop in fps or suffring lag spikes, it shows its still a verry compatent and powerfull machine, maby not worth the 2k to build now, or even half that, but still worth more than $600. easally

vollade

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
sorry but without more info than just huh? i cant be more in depth on what ever it is you dont understand

misry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
@vollade, he's trying to figure out what language you are typing. It seems vaguely english. And if you're going to dicker and qualify all the bids why don't you save us all some time and dicker with buyers?

vollade

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
You forget that in america prices may be way better, and shiping the pc over there would be stuped as the costs just to ship it over would be way more than i would make off the pc, ok buying from america would be sweet but again the price tag for shipping anything to here is just not worth it, im britian a system like this would still set you bck £800 ono brand new, with os, so maby in america i could get a system thats way better than this one for less than £300, like you said, but if you came over here went into a shop told them what you wanted the pc to be capable of doing and the specs you wanted, and then told them what you wanted to pay for sid system, you would be laughed out of the shop, remember the government in britian are greedy twats, and also think were still in a resesion so prices second hand or brand new for anything are still, more than what they would be anywhere else in the world, so im going on uk prices, not america

I did not.
But if someone were to visit this forum and ask for advice about buying your system I'd suggest getting something simliar to that Bit-Tech £500 instead for the under warranty protection. Some adjustments to current prices and availability in the UK market could get them something as strong for the same price.

vollade

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
its not dickering when you reserch what people are selling parts at, i know the system isnt worth that much but i do know that its wor more than a poxy 250 quid

vollade

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

Yeh youre right, the warrenty is sweet, just a kick in the face when you spend all that money on something for it to devalue so much in such a short period of time

vollade

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
want to build an i7 machine but not to sure on intell atm, im not realy bothered about price, as long as it lasts a few years

Have you thought about selling the 5870 and getting a HD 6970? Or getting a 2nd 5870 for CFX?
It's not like you have a bad system at all. It will hang with the big dawgs for another year, 18months, easy.

Getting a HD 6970 is too close to the HD 5870. How much would a 2nd HD 5870 run over there?

34644.png

vollade

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
That could be worth looking into, i was looking at puting two cards in but i dont know if its realy necesary, especially as no game one the market will chalange moast pcs atm

vollade

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
for a second 5870 it would set me bck at least £200.oo, i can get cheeper but there second hand and still 170.00, and i wouldnt know if they worked or not