AC power cable with PSU way too short. Need help finding a replacement

Deadite lord

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
Hello,

I just finished building my 1st PC and the power supply cord that comes with the Corsair TX650 V2 is way too short. I need 10 feet power supply cord in order to reach the line conditioner. According to the plug it's a 16 AWG and 300V. I went to Monoprice but I was only able to locate 16AWG PC power cord at 125V. My question is does the 300V (which I assume stands for voltage) have to match too? If so, where might I be able to find a replacement cable? Thanks so much.

Solution

They specify the 125V to indicate what type of AC plug is on the end of the cable.

Since the price difference is small I would recommend going with a heavier gauge 14AWG cable.
shouldnt 125v be ok if you are in the usa?

dont you use 120v over there?

dont think anywhere in the world uses over 240v so dont know why the psu would have 300v cable--but i am

not an electrician so could be wrong

plus you should be able to get an extension for it rather than a whole new cable--which should be cheaper--can

certainly get an extension for them in the uk

They specify the 125V to indicate what type of AC plug is on the end of the cable.

Since the price difference is small I would recommend going with a heavier gauge 14AWG cable.

Solution