What psp launch titles will you be getting ?

Last response: in Video Games
March 21, 2005 12:57:10 AM

Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
Im leaning towards these.

wipeout pure
lumines
thug 2 remix

More about : psp launch titles

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:57:11 AM

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

Lumines
MLB
Metal Gear Acid
Untold Legends
Ridge Racers
NFL Street
March 21, 2005 12:57:11 AM

Untold Legends is all that interests me initially.

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

March 21, 2005 1:08:49 AM

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

On Order I Have

Ridge Racer
ATV
Wipeout
Tiger Woods
Everyones Golf

And trying to decide between Fifa and World Soccer

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 1:20:18 AM

I alreayd have Tony Hawk and NFS underground bought, but I may return
underground for ridge racer, looks like RR is the better game. I also have
NFL Street 2 and Lumines pre-ordered

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 2:16:04 AM

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

Twisted Metal
Wipeout Pure
Lumines
Ridge Racer
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 3:52:30 AM

I am thinking of Untold Legends, Ridge Racer abd Twisted Metal....

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 5:40:55 AM

Twisted Metal
Tiger Woods
Ridge Racer
NBA
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 5:40:56 AM

"lb02" <brienwiggins@NOSPAMMINGALLOWEDyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Twisted Metal
> Tiger Woods
> Ridge Racer
> NBA

I wanted NBA until I read a couple of interviews about how screwy the
shooting system is with the double tap. I will hold off on that one.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:45:19 AM

In article <Wkm%d.3622$191.795@trnddc02>, ga@lone.com says...

>Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
>Im leaning towards these.
>
>wipeout pure
>lumines
>thug 2 remix

I'm getting the following sweet cheese.
1.Wipeout Pure
2.Ridge Racer
3.Lumines
4.Maybe Untold Legends-waiting for reviews
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:47:00 AM

In article <ZcWdnXLLlsZHg6PfRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...

>"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
>> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
>> Im leaning towards these.
>>
>> wipeout pure
>> lumines
>> thug 2 remix
>>

>Lumines
>MLB
>Metal Gear Acid
>Untold Legends
>Ridge Racers
>NFL Street

MLB is a launch title? I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and have
lost track of my PSP info. What kind of reviews has it been getting?
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:47:01 AM

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> In article <ZcWdnXLLlsZHg6PfRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
> Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
>>

>>"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
>>> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
>>> Im leaning towards these.
>>>
>>> wipeout pure
>>> lumines
>>> thug 2 remix
>>>

>>Lumines
>>MLB
>>Metal Gear Acid
>>Untold Legends
>>Ridge Racers
>>NFL Street
>>

> MLB is a launch title? I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and
> have
> lost track of my PSP info. What kind of reviews has it been getting?

I haven't seen reviews yet but it is weird how they reviewed some launch
games and not others. I haven't seen one for Untold Legends at the major
sites. I have seen a couple for NBA though.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:49:25 AM

In article <Wkm%d.3622$191.795@trnddc02>, ga@lone.com says...

>Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
>Im leaning towards these.
>
>wipeout pure
>lumines
>thug 2 remix

Freddy is gonna get that title called Stomach Ulcer. He might pick up that
other game called Jealous Envy.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 11:45:12 AM

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:

> Freddy is gonna get that title called Stomach Ulcer.

Is that a DS game? Do you use the stylus to rub away bubbling acid in your
stomach?

Actually that sounds kind of like the goldfish level in Feel the Magic...

-Z-
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 11:45:49 AM

lonesw0rdsman wrote:

> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.

Already have: Lumines, Ridge Racer, Hot Shots Golf, THUG2, Dynasty Warriors.

Still want: Metal Gear Acid, Wipeout Pure, Untold Legends, either NBA or NFL
Street.

I've never owned a console (handheld, whatever) that I wanted/bought as many
games for at launch as the PSP.

-Z-
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 7:13:40 PM

Zackman wrote:

> I've never owned a console (handheld, whatever) that I wanted/bought
as many
> games for at launch as the PSP.
>
> -Z-

I was really excited about the PSP a couple of months ago but as
information about the launch titles came out, I got really
underwhelmed. The PSP games all seem to be inferior versions of
console games that you can already play. Sony claimed that the PSP
would be at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS2, but even
in the tiny screenshots, I can tell the graphics are obviously
inferior. I won't buy a PSP for its multimedia capabilities either, so
the games would have to impress me before I get one. Right now, I just
don't see why I would spend time playing any of the PSP titles over any
of this month's best releases on the PS2/Xbox.
March 21, 2005 7:28:10 PM

Already bought Wipeout and Twisted Metal. Looking for Untold Legends
and Mercury next.

- Jordan
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 7:52:07 PM

In article <CqudnT3TIocaSaPfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>,
Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In article <ZcWdnXLLlsZHg6PfRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
>> Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
>>>

>>>"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message

>>>Lumines
>>>MLB
>>>Metal Gear Acid
>>>Untold Legends
>>>Ridge Racers
>>>NFL Street
>>>

>> MLB is a launch title? I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and
>> have
>> lost track of my PSP info. What kind of reviews has it been getting?
>>

>I haven't seen reviews yet but it is weird how they reviewed some launch
>games and not others. I haven't seen one for Untold Legends at the major
>sites. I have seen a couple for NBA though.

Yeah I'm looking for reviews of MLB, Ape Escape and Untold Legends.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 9:34:57 PM

brun132001@yahoo.com wrote:

> Sony claimed that the PSP
> would be at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS2, but even
> in the tiny screenshots, I can tell the graphics are obviously
> inferior.

Sony may be the masters of BS hype, but I can't see them ever saying this.
It's not a handheld PS2, but the graphics are unlike anything you've ever
seen on a handheld, and it blows the Nintendo DS out of the water. It's not
supposed to take the place of your home console, it's supposed to give you
console-like gameplay in a portable format.

> Right now, I
> just don't see why I would spend time playing any of the PSP titles
> over any of this month's best releases on the PS2/Xbox.

Fair enough. But I've had to take three flights since I got my PSP (one
transoceanic), and I've never had time pass as quickly as it has since I was
able to play Hot Shots Golf and Lumines and watch video on something that
fits in my hand.

-Z-
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:00:18 PM

"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Already bought Wipeout and Twisted Metal. Looking for Untold Legends
> and Mercury next.
>
> - Jordan

If any of you guys ever decide to tunnel with Untold Legends, let me know.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:49:32 PM

I have Wipeout Pure already. Great game. I'll also be getting the US version
of Lumines. I want one of the 2 baseball games, and possibly Tiger Woods
golf.

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 4:10:00 AM

In article <1111450420.314878.17170@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
brun132001@yahoo.com says...

>Zackman wrote:
>

>> I've never owned a console (handheld, whatever) that I wanted/bought
>as many
>> games for at launch as the PSP.
>>
>> -Z-
>
>I was really excited about the PSP a couple of months ago but as
>information about the launch titles came out, I got really
>underwhelmed. The PSP games all seem to be inferior versions of
>console games that you can already play. Sony claimed that the PSP
>would be at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS2, but even
>in the tiny screenshots, I can tell the graphics are obviously
>inferior. I won't buy a PSP for its multimedia capabilities either, so
>the games would have to impress me before I get one. Right now, I just
>don't see why I would spend time playing any of the PSP titles over any
>of this month's best releases on the PS2/Xbox.

Do you ever leave home? Do you work? Do you go to school? All good reasons to
buy a PSP. So far I've read that the Wipeout game is the best thats come out
in a long time. Same goes for Ridge Racer.
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 10:10:00 AM

brun132001@yahoo.com wrote:
> Zackman wrote:
>

> > I've never owned a console (handheld, whatever) that I
wanted/bought
> as many
> > games for at launch as the PSP.
> >
> > -Z-
>
> I was really excited about the PSP a couple of months ago but as
> information about the launch titles came out, I got really
> underwhelmed. The PSP games all seem to be inferior versions of
> console games that you can already play. Sony claimed that the PSP
> would be at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS2, but even
> in the tiny screenshots, I can tell the graphics are obviously
> inferior. I won't buy a PSP for its multimedia capabilities either,
so
> the games would have to impress me before I get one. Right now, I
just
> don't see why I would spend time playing any of the PSP titles over
any
> of this month's best releases on the PS2/Xbox.

I'm with you. I was never a fan of handhelds to begin with but the PSP
definitely turned my head. The lure of it's multimedia functionality
drew me in at first but after a while I realized it's going to be
under-utlizied. The UMD movies will never take off, and I certainly
won't want to pay $20 for a movie I already have on DVD which I can
watch on a large screen TV.

Converting my DVDs to MP4 at this point is too much of a hassle and too
expensive. Factor in the outrageous bundle pack cost and the
PS2-retread game library, the PSP has become a wait-until-later item
for me.
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 1:28:24 PM

Going to get two for sure.

I will get Lumines just becaue it is the new Tetris - Sony should
increase the PSP price and bundle this game IMO.

I was going to get NFS:R but the slowdown has me worried.

Ridge Racer might get boring fast... but it looks so good.

Wipeout Pure brings back some great PSX memories - very tempting.

I think all the 989 sports games are ass. From what I have read anyway.
FIFA is tempting, but I just bought it for my N-Gage a few months
ago... too bad EB only give $7 for NG games.

THUG 2 is looking good... THPS3 is the last one I played.

Death Jr. looks like it might be fun.

But I will probably get MGS:A as I have never played an MGS game and I
am going to do the series on my PS2 - just as soon as I finish FF:X.

Keep in mind that GT4:M and GTA are coming next month...

Fingers crossed for a Ratchet and Clank portable game soon.
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 3:19:10 PM

In article <XYC%d.149835$FM3.115669@fed1read02>, jojo@cox.net says...

>In article <CqudnT3TIocaSaPfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>,
>Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
>>

>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> In article <ZcWdnXLLlsZHg6PfRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
>>> Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...

>>> MLB is a launch title? I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and
>>> have
>>> lost track of my PSP info. What kind of reviews has it been getting?
>>>

>>I haven't seen reviews yet but it is weird how they reviewed some launch
>>games and not others. I haven't seen one for Untold Legends at the major
>>sites. I have seen a couple for NBA though.
>>

>Yeah I'm looking for reviews of MLB, Ape Escape and Untold Legends.

I was reading a preview on Gamespot about MLB. They got a preview edition a
couple of weeks ago and from what they were saying it sounds like Sony has
kinda screwed up on the baseball game. They did say it was not a final build
and hopefully Sony has made the needed changes but I'm gonna have to wait and
see after reading this preview. Keep the fingers crossed.
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 3:19:11 PM

> In article <XYC%d.149835$FM3.115669@fed1read02>, jojo@cox.net says...
>>
>>In article <CqudnT3TIocaSaPfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>,
>>Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
>>>

>>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

>>>I haven't seen reviews yet but it is weird how they reviewed some launch
>>>games and not others. I haven't seen one for Untold Legends at the major
>>>sites. I have seen a couple for NBA though.
>>>

>>Yeah I'm looking for reviews of MLB, Ape Escape and Untold Legends.
>>

> I was reading a preview on Gamespot about MLB. They got a preview edition
> couple of weeks ago and from what they were saying it sounds like Sony has
> kinda screwed up on the baseball game. They did say it was not a final
> build
> and hopefully Sony has made the needed changes but I'm gonna have to wait
> and
> see after reading this preview. Keep the fingers crossed.

Yeah, I saw something similar about NBA's shooting system. I am cool with
MVP's set up this year so that isn't a problem.
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 6:47:03 PM

In article <ZvadnfuDzsNgu93fRVn-2A@comcast.com>,
Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In article <XYC%d.149835$FM3.115669@fed1read02>, jojo@cox.net says...
>>>
>>>In article <CqudnT3TIocaSaPfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>,
>>>Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...

>>>Yeah I'm looking for reviews of MLB, Ape Escape and Untold Legends.
>>>

>> I was reading a preview on Gamespot about MLB. They got a preview edition
>> couple of weeks ago and from what they were saying it sounds like Sony has
>> kinda screwed up on the baseball game. They did say it was not a final
>> build
>> and hopefully Sony has made the needed changes but I'm gonna have to wait
>> and
>> see after reading this preview. Keep the fingers crossed.
>>

>Yeah, I saw something similar about NBA's shooting system. I am cool with
>MVP's set up this year so that isn't a problem.

MVP is coming to the PSP too? They only said that the PSP version of MLB was
screwed up.
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 9:37:31 PM

> In article <ZvadnfuDzsNgu93fRVn-2A@comcast.com>,
> Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
>>

>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> In article <XYC%d.149835$FM3.115669@fed1read02>, jojo@cox.net says...

>>> I was reading a preview on Gamespot about MLB. They got a preview
>>> edition
>>> couple of weeks ago and from what they were saying it sounds like Sony
>>> has
>>> kinda screwed up on the baseball game. They did say it was not a final
>>> build
>>> and hopefully Sony has made the needed changes but I'm gonna have to
>>> wait
>>> and
>>> see after reading this preview. Keep the fingers crossed.
>>>

>>Yeah, I saw something similar about NBA's shooting system. I am cool with
>>MVP's set up this year so that isn't a problem.
>>

> MVP is coming to the PSP too? They only said that the PSP version of MLB
> was
> screwed up.

http://psp.ign.com/objects/664/664930.html?ui=gamefinde...
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 2:16:07 AM

Robert P Holley wrote:

> Converting my DVDs to MP4 at this point is too much of a hassle and
too
> expensive. Factor in the outrageous bundle pack cost and the
> PS2-retread game library, the PSP has become a wait-until-later item
> for me.

The UMD movies are way too expensive, since you can find so many great
DVDs for $10-15. I'm sure the quality of the PSP movie capabilities
would be less than what you can get with a portable DVD player since an
UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.

Jojo mentioned that it's great to play Ridge Racer and Wipeout on the
PSP but I disagree. The home versions of Ridge Racer and Wipeout are
not even among the best racers of this generation and the PSP versions
have worse graphics/control than the home versions. Also, I can buy
Wipeout and Ridge Racer for the PS2 and they'll still cost less than
one PSP game. Cost is not usually a problem for me with gaming but I
don't like to pay more for less which is why I always try to get the
best version of a multiplatform game.

I'm not too crazy about handhelds either, since the home consoles/PC
are so much better. The last handheld I had was an Atari lynx. I love
videogames but I don't have to spend all my free time playing. The PSP
has much potential but it has to have a better library than trimmed
down PS2 games. I have as much interest playing PS 1.5 games as I have
in watching Spiderman 2 on a 4 inch screen.
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 3:30:17 AM

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

My three...

Lumines
Ridge Racer
Metal Gear Acid
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 4:55:34 AM

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In article <ZvadnfuDzsNgu93fRVn-2A@comcast.com>,
>> Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
>>>

>>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

>>>Yeah, I saw something similar about NBA's shooting system. I am cool
>>>with
>>>MVP's set up this year so that isn't a problem.
>>>

>> MVP is coming to the PSP too? They only said that the PSP version of MLB
>> was
>> screwed up.
>>

> http://psp.ign.com/objects/664/664930.html?ui=gamefinde...

Is mvp going to be available at launch though ? Eb games has it for 4/24 or
somewhere around there. But if its for launch ill have to add this one to my
list. Ive been playing this game as well as mlb2k5 for the ps2. Both pretty
solid games imo.
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 9:47:41 AM

<brun132001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Robert P Holley wrote:
>
>> Converting my DVDs to MP4 at this point is too much of a hassle and
> too
>> expensive. Factor in the outrageous bundle pack cost and the
>> PS2-retread game library, the PSP has become a wait-until-later item
>> for me.
>
> The UMD movies are way too expensive, since you can find so many great
> DVDs for $10-15. I'm sure the quality of the PSP movie capabilities
> would be less than what you can get with a portable DVD player since an
> UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.

Absolutely, but you can also create your own movies quite easily to put on a
memory stick. But then again, you have already repeated yourself so we knew
this already.

> Jojo mentioned that it's great to play Ridge Racer and Wipeout on the
> PSP but I disagree. The home versions of Ridge Racer and Wipeout are
> not even among the best racers of this generation and the PSP versions
> have worse graphics/control than the home versions. Also, I can buy
> Wipeout and Ridge Racer for the PS2 and they'll still cost less than
> one PSP game. Cost is not usually a problem for me with gaming but I
> don't like to pay more for less which is why I always try to get the
> best version of a multiplatform game.

And you would know that they have worse graphics/control because you have
played them right? You already established that you weren't getting a PSP
for X reason so why the hell are you posting in a thread about PSP launch
titles. You aren't convincing any of us NOT to get one so my only other
thought is that you are trying to convince yourself why it is ok for YOU not
to get one.

> I'm not too crazy about handhelds either, since the home consoles/PC
> are so much better. The last handheld I had was an Atari lynx. I love
> videogames but I don't have to spend all my free time playing. The PSP
> has much potential but it has to have a better library than trimmed
> down PS2 games. I have as much interest playing PS 1.5 games as I have
> in watching Spiderman 2 on a 4 inch screen.

Once again, please put OT in your post so we know that it doesn't have a
damned thing to do with "What psp launch titles will you be getting."
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 11:47:10 AM

Mattinglyfan deez nuts wrote:

> > The UMD movies are way too expensive, since you can find so many
great
> > DVDs for $10-15. I'm sure the quality of the PSP movie
capabilities
> > would be less than what you can get with a portable DVD player
since an
> > UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.
>
> Absolutely, but you can also create your own movies quite easily to
put on a
> memory stick. But then again, you have already repeated yourself so
we knew
> this already.

The created movies are still less than DVD quality. You must have been
confused, when did I bring up this point?

> And you would know that they have worse graphics/control because you
have
> played them right?
All the reviews have mentioned that graphics and control are
downgraded.

>You already established that you weren't getting a PSP
> for X reason so why the hell are you posting in a thread about PSP
launch
> titles. You aren't convincing any of us NOT to get one so my only
other
> thought is that you are trying to convince yourself why it is ok for
YOU not
> to get one.

I can post whatever I want. I'm not going to stop posting because
you're pissed off. I was just having a discussion with Zackman about
why I'm not that excited to get a PSP, and it was an appropriate time
to do so. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I easily
have the money to get a PSP, if I want to, I just have to spend $380 on
a bundle on gamestop. I rountinely spend $500 on a PC videocard, so
the PSP bundle would relatively be a steal compared to what I get with
a videocard. Your lunatic ravings makes it look like you're insecured
about your purchase. Why else would you be so angry about any
criticism? I'm sure the PSP would be great for many, but I'm just not
excited about playing inferior versions of PS2 games on a tiny screen.
I'll be the first one to admit I'm wrong, once there are unique PSP
titles that match the quality of something like God of War.

> Once again, please put OT in your post so we know that it doesn't
have a
> damned thing to do with "What psp launch titles will you be getting."

Do you put OT everytime you've gone off topic? If not, STFU.
March 23, 2005 5:38:57 PM

Mattinglyfan (deez nuts) wrote:
> "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Already bought Wipeout and Twisted Metal. Looking for Untold
Legends
> > and Mercury next.
> >
> > - Jordan
> >

> If any of you guys ever decide to tunnel with Untold Legends, let me
know.

That should be awesome... I'm just waiting on the game now...

- Jordan
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 10:36:53 PM

> Mattinglyfan deez nuts wrote:
>
>> > The UMD movies are way too expensive, since you can find so many
> great
>> > DVDs for $10-15. I'm sure the quality of the PSP movie
> capabilities
>> > would be less than what you can get with a portable DVD player
> since an
>> > UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.
>>
>> Absolutely, but you can also create your own movies quite easily to
> put on a
>> memory stick. But then again, you have already repeated yourself so
> we knew
>> this already.
>

> The created movies are still less than DVD quality. You must have been
> confused, when did I bring up this point?

I am not confused. You started off by saying "UMD movies are way too
expensive" so I simply explained that you can rip DVD's for free. What part
was I confused about.

>> And you would know that they have worse graphics/control because you
> have
>> played them right?
> All the reviews have mentioned that graphics and control are
> downgraded.
>
>>You already established that you weren't getting a PSP
>> for X reason so why the hell are you posting in a thread about PSP
> launch
>> titles. You aren't convincing any of us NOT to get one so my only
> other
>> thought is that you are trying to convince yourself why it is ok for
> YOU not
>> to get one.
>
> I can post whatever I want. I'm not going to stop posting because
> you're pissed off. I was just having a discussion with Zackman about
> why I'm not that excited to get a PSP, and it was an appropriate time
> to do so.

So if it was appropriate for you to go off topic, why is it not ok for me to
call you on it?

> I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I easily
> have the money to get a PSP, if I want to, I just have to spend $380 on
> a bundle on gamestop. I rountinely spend $500 on a PC videocard, so
> the PSP bundle would relatively be a steal compared to what I get with
> a videocard. Your lunatic ravings makes it look like you're insecured
> about your purchase.

I am not "insecured" about anything. I just didn't see the heading "Why I
am not excited about the PSP even though this is a thread about Launch
Titles" heading.

>Why else would you be so angry about any
> criticism?

LOL. I am not angry about criticism. What you stated was opinion and not
criticism. In order to critique the PSP you would have had to have played
it which we all know you haven't. My response was more along the lines of
"Stop talking out of your ass" in a thread for people who want to find out
about the games.

>I'm sure the PSP would be great for many, but I'm just not
> excited about playing inferior versions of PS2 games on a tiny screen.
> I'll be the first one to admit I'm wrong, once there are unique PSP
> titles that match the quality of something like God of War.

I am pretty sure I didn't say you had to be excited or even like the PSP. I
just asked that you mark your off topic opinion so people know it doesn't
have a damned thing to do with what we are talking about and can easily
ignore it.

>> Once again, please put OT in your post so we know that it doesn't
> have a
>> damned thing to do with "What psp launch titles will you be getting."
>
> Do you put OT everytime you've gone off topic? If not, STFU.

Wow, what's with the profanity? That was uncalled for. I am pretty sure I
didn't call you a punk ass off topic posting bitch so let's keep this
civilized. BTW, the "retreads" of which you speak haven't even been
released on the PS2 so that goes back to the "talking out of your ass" thing
I referred to.
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 11:09:20 PM

brun132...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Skye wrote:
>
> > Post a link to Ridge Racers or Wipeout Pure on the PS2, dullard.
How
> about
> > Lumines and Untold Legends? You're a moron.
>
> Only a moron would think that the PSP Ridge racers or Wipeout are
> unique.

You have to consider who you are replying to.
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 11:48:58 PM

<brun132001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Robert P Holley wrote:
>
> > Converting my DVDs to MP4 at this point is too much of a hassle and
> too
> > expensive. Factor in the outrageous bundle pack cost and the
> > PS2-retread game library, the PSP has become a wait-until-later item
> > for me.
>
> The UMD movies are way too expensive, since you can find so many great
> DVDs for $10-15. I'm sure the quality of the PSP movie capabilities
> would be less than what you can get with a portable DVD player since an
> UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.
>
> Jojo mentioned that it's great to play Ridge Racer and Wipeout on the
> PSP but I disagree. The home versions of Ridge Racer and Wipeout are
> not even among the best racers of this generation and the PSP versions
> have worse graphics/control than the home versions. Also, I can buy
> Wipeout and Ridge Racer for the PS2 and they'll still cost less than
> one PSP game.

You can buy Wipeout Pure and Ridge Racers on the PS2? Amazing since they've
never been released. Dolt.
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 11:50:28 PM

<brun132001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Mattinglyfan deez nuts wrote:
>
> > > The UMD movies are way too expensive, since you can find so many
> great
> > > DVDs for $10-15. I'm sure the quality of the PSP movie
> capabilities
> > > would be less than what you can get with a portable DVD player
> since an
> > > UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.
> >
> > Absolutely, but you can also create your own movies quite easily to
> put on a
> > memory stick. But then again, you have already repeated yourself so
> we knew
> > this already.
>

> The created movies are still less than DVD quality. You must have been
> confused, when did I bring up this point?
>
> > And you would know that they have worse graphics/control because you
> have
> > played them right?
> All the reviews have mentioned that graphics and control are
> downgraded.
>
> >You already established that you weren't getting a PSP
> > for X reason so why the hell are you posting in a thread about PSP
> launch
> > titles. You aren't convincing any of us NOT to get one so my only
> other
> > thought is that you are trying to convince yourself why it is ok for
> YOU not
> > to get one.
>
> I can post whatever I want. I'm not going to stop posting because
> you're pissed off. I was just having a discussion with Zackman about
> why I'm not that excited to get a PSP, and it was an appropriate time
> to do so. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I easily
> have the money to get a PSP, if I want to, I just have to spend $380 on
> a bundle on gamestop. I rountinely spend $500 on a PC videocard, so
> the PSP bundle would relatively be a steal compared to what I get with
> a videocard. Your lunatic ravings makes it look like you're insecured
> about your purchase. Why else would you be so angry about any
> criticism? I'm sure the PSP would be great for many, but I'm just not
> excited about playing inferior versions of PS2 games on a tiny screen.
> I'll be the first one to admit I'm wrong, once there are unique PSP
> titles that match the quality of something like God of War.
>

> > Once again, please put OT in your post so we know that it doesn't
> have a
> > damned thing to do with "What psp launch titles will you be getting."
>
> Do you put OT everytime you've gone off topic? If not, STFU.

Post a link to Ridge Racers or Wipeout Pure on the PS2, dullard. How about
Lumines and Untold Legends? You're a moron.
March 26, 2005 4:47:23 PM

In article <1111562167.544001.94510@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
brun132001@yahoo.com wrote:

> UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.

They have better compression. Doesn't mean it will be better but for
comparable video quality, supposedly MPEG4 requires half the bitrate and
space as MPEG2.
!