What psp launch titles will you be getting ?

Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
Im leaning towards these.

wipeout pure
lumines
thug 2 remix
38 answers Last reply
More about what launch titles

    "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
    > Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
    > Im leaning towards these.
    >
    > wipeout pure
    > lumines
    > thug 2 remix

    Lumines
    MLB
    Metal Gear Acid
    Untold Legends
    Ridge Racers
    NFL Street

    Untold Legends is all that interests me initially.

    "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
    > Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
    > Im leaning towards these.
    >
    > wipeout pure
    > lumines
    > thug 2 remix

    "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
    > Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
    > Im leaning towards these.
    >
    > wipeout pure
    > lumines
    > thug 2 remix

    On Order I Have

    Ridge Racer
    ATV
    Wipeout
    Tiger Woods
    Everyones Golf

    And trying to decide between Fifa and World Soccer

    I alreayd have Tony Hawk and NFS underground bought, but I may return
    underground for ridge racer, looks like RR is the better game. I also have
    NFL Street 2 and Lumines pre-ordered

    "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
    > Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
    > Im leaning towards these.
    >
    > wipeout pure
    > lumines
    > thug 2 remix

    "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
    > Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
    > Im leaning towards these.
    >
    > wipeout pure
    > lumines
    > thug 2 remix

    Twisted Metal
    Wipeout Pure
    Lumines
    Ridge Racer
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    I am thinking of Untold Legends, Ridge Racer abd Twisted Metal....

    "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
    > Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
    > Im leaning towards these.
    >
    > wipeout pure
    > lumines
    > thug 2 remix

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Twisted Metal
    Tiger Woods
    Ridge Racer
    NBA
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "lb02" <brienwiggins@NOSPAMMINGALLOWEDyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Twisted Metal
    > Tiger Woods
    > Ridge Racer
    > NBA

    I wanted NBA until I read a couple of interviews about how screwy the
    shooting system is with the double tap. I will hold off on that one.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <Wkm%d.3622$191.795@trnddc02>, ga@lone.com says...

    >Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
    >Im leaning towards these.
    >
    >wipeout pure
    >lumines
    >thug 2 remix

    I'm getting the following sweet cheese.
    1.Wipeout Pure
    2.Ridge Racer
    3.Lumines
    4.Maybe Untold Legends-waiting for reviews
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <ZcWdnXLLlsZHg6PfRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
    Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...

    >"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
    >> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
    >> Im leaning towards these.
    >>
    >> wipeout pure
    >> lumines
    >> thug 2 remix
    >>

    >Lumines
    >MLB
    >Metal Gear Acid
    >Untold Legends
    >Ridge Racers
    >NFL Street

    MLB is a launch title? I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and have
    lost track of my PSP info. What kind of reviews has it been getting?
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > In article <ZcWdnXLLlsZHg6PfRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
    > Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
    >>

    >>"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
    >>> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
    >>> Im leaning towards these.
    >>>
    >>> wipeout pure
    >>> lumines
    >>> thug 2 remix
    >>>

    >>Lumines
    >>MLB
    >>Metal Gear Acid
    >>Untold Legends
    >>Ridge Racers
    >>NFL Street
    >>

    > MLB is a launch title? I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and
    > have
    > lost track of my PSP info. What kind of reviews has it been getting?

    I haven't seen reviews yet but it is weird how they reviewed some launch
    games and not others. I haven't seen one for Untold Legends at the major
    sites. I have seen a couple for NBA though.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <Wkm%d.3622$191.795@trnddc02>, ga@lone.com says...

    >Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
    >Im leaning towards these.
    >
    >wipeout pure
    >lumines
    >thug 2 remix

    Freddy is gonna get that title called Stomach Ulcer. He might pick up that
    other game called Jealous Envy.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:

    > Freddy is gonna get that title called Stomach Ulcer.

    Is that a DS game? Do you use the stylus to rub away bubbling acid in your
    stomach?

    Actually that sounds kind of like the goldfish level in Feel the Magic...

    -Z-
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    lonesw0rdsman wrote:

    > Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.

    Already have: Lumines, Ridge Racer, Hot Shots Golf, THUG2, Dynasty Warriors.

    Still want: Metal Gear Acid, Wipeout Pure, Untold Legends, either NBA or NFL
    Street.

    I've never owned a console (handheld, whatever) that I wanted/bought as many
    games for at launch as the PSP.

    -Z-
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Zackman wrote:

    > I've never owned a console (handheld, whatever) that I wanted/bought
    as many
    > games for at launch as the PSP.
    >
    > -Z-

    I was really excited about the PSP a couple of months ago but as
    information about the launch titles came out, I got really
    underwhelmed. The PSP games all seem to be inferior versions of
    console games that you can already play. Sony claimed that the PSP
    would be at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS2, but even
    in the tiny screenshots, I can tell the graphics are obviously
    inferior. I won't buy a PSP for its multimedia capabilities either, so
    the games would have to impress me before I get one. Right now, I just
    don't see why I would spend time playing any of the PSP titles over any
    of this month's best releases on the PS2/Xbox.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Already bought Wipeout and Twisted Metal. Looking for Untold Legends
    and Mercury next.

    - Jordan
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <CqudnT3TIocaSaPfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>,
    Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <ZcWdnXLLlsZHg6PfRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
    >> Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
    >>>

    >>>"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message

    >>>Lumines
    >>>MLB
    >>>Metal Gear Acid
    >>>Untold Legends
    >>>Ridge Racers
    >>>NFL Street
    >>>

    >> MLB is a launch title? I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and
    >> have
    >> lost track of my PSP info. What kind of reviews has it been getting?
    >>

    >I haven't seen reviews yet but it is weird how they reviewed some launch
    >games and not others. I haven't seen one for Untold Legends at the major
    >sites. I have seen a couple for NBA though.

    Yeah I'm looking for reviews of MLB, Ape Escape and Untold Legends.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    brun132001@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Sony claimed that the PSP
    > would be at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS2, but even
    > in the tiny screenshots, I can tell the graphics are obviously
    > inferior.

    Sony may be the masters of BS hype, but I can't see them ever saying this.
    It's not a handheld PS2, but the graphics are unlike anything you've ever
    seen on a handheld, and it blows the Nintendo DS out of the water. It's not
    supposed to take the place of your home console, it's supposed to give you
    console-like gameplay in a portable format.

    > Right now, I
    > just don't see why I would spend time playing any of the PSP titles
    > over any of this month's best releases on the PS2/Xbox.

    Fair enough. But I've had to take three flights since I got my PSP (one
    transoceanic), and I've never had time pass as quickly as it has since I was
    able to play Hot Shots Golf and Lumines and watch video on something that
    fits in my hand.

    -Z-
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Already bought Wipeout and Twisted Metal. Looking for Untold Legends
    > and Mercury next.
    >
    > - Jordan

    If any of you guys ever decide to tunnel with Untold Legends, let me know.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    I have Wipeout Pure already. Great game. I'll also be getting the US version
    of Lumines. I want one of the 2 baseball games, and possibly Tiger Woods
    golf.

    "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
    > Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
    > Im leaning towards these.
    >
    > wipeout pure
    > lumines
    > thug 2 remix

  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <1111450420.314878.17170@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    brun132001@yahoo.com says...

    >Zackman wrote:
    >

    >> I've never owned a console (handheld, whatever) that I wanted/bought
    >as many
    >> games for at launch as the PSP.
    >>
    >> -Z-
    >
    >I was really excited about the PSP a couple of months ago but as
    >information about the launch titles came out, I got really
    >underwhelmed. The PSP games all seem to be inferior versions of
    >console games that you can already play. Sony claimed that the PSP
    >would be at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS2, but even
    >in the tiny screenshots, I can tell the graphics are obviously
    >inferior. I won't buy a PSP for its multimedia capabilities either, so
    >the games would have to impress me before I get one. Right now, I just
    >don't see why I would spend time playing any of the PSP titles over any
    >of this month's best releases on the PS2/Xbox.

    Do you ever leave home? Do you work? Do you go to school? All good reasons to
    buy a PSP. So far I've read that the Wipeout game is the best thats come out
    in a long time. Same goes for Ridge Racer.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    brun132001@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Zackman wrote:
    >

    > > I've never owned a console (handheld, whatever) that I
    wanted/bought
    > as many
    > > games for at launch as the PSP.
    > >
    > > -Z-
    >
    > I was really excited about the PSP a couple of months ago but as
    > information about the launch titles came out, I got really
    > underwhelmed. The PSP games all seem to be inferior versions of
    > console games that you can already play. Sony claimed that the PSP
    > would be at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS2, but even
    > in the tiny screenshots, I can tell the graphics are obviously
    > inferior. I won't buy a PSP for its multimedia capabilities either,
    so
    > the games would have to impress me before I get one. Right now, I
    just
    > don't see why I would spend time playing any of the PSP titles over
    any
    > of this month's best releases on the PS2/Xbox.

    I'm with you. I was never a fan of handhelds to begin with but the PSP
    definitely turned my head. The lure of it's multimedia functionality
    drew me in at first but after a while I realized it's going to be
    under-utlizied. The UMD movies will never take off, and I certainly
    won't want to pay $20 for a movie I already have on DVD which I can
    watch on a large screen TV.

    Converting my DVDs to MP4 at this point is too much of a hassle and too
    expensive. Factor in the outrageous bundle pack cost and the
    PS2-retread game library, the PSP has become a wait-until-later item
    for me.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Going to get two for sure.

    I will get Lumines just becaue it is the new Tetris - Sony should
    increase the PSP price and bundle this game IMO.

    I was going to get NFS:R but the slowdown has me worried.

    Ridge Racer might get boring fast... but it looks so good.

    Wipeout Pure brings back some great PSX memories - very tempting.

    I think all the 989 sports games are ass. From what I have read anyway.
    FIFA is tempting, but I just bought it for my N-Gage a few months
    ago... too bad EB only give $7 for NG games.

    THUG 2 is looking good... THPS3 is the last one I played.

    Death Jr. looks like it might be fun.

    But I will probably get MGS:A as I have never played an MGS game and I
    am going to do the series on my PS2 - just as soon as I finish FF:X.

    Keep in mind that GT4:M and GTA are coming next month...

    Fingers crossed for a Ratchet and Clank portable game soon.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <XYC%d.149835$FM3.115669@fed1read02>, jojo@cox.net says...

    >In article <CqudnT3TIocaSaPfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>,
    >Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
    >>

    >>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>> In article <ZcWdnXLLlsZHg6PfRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
    >>> Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...

    >>> MLB is a launch title? I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and
    >>> have
    >>> lost track of my PSP info. What kind of reviews has it been getting?
    >>>

    >>I haven't seen reviews yet but it is weird how they reviewed some launch
    >>games and not others. I haven't seen one for Untold Legends at the major
    >>sites. I have seen a couple for NBA though.
    >>

    >Yeah I'm looking for reviews of MLB, Ape Escape and Untold Legends.

    I was reading a preview on Gamespot about MLB. They got a preview edition a
    couple of weeks ago and from what they were saying it sounds like Sony has
    kinda screwed up on the baseball game. They did say it was not a final build
    and hopefully Sony has made the needed changes but I'm gonna have to wait and
    see after reading this preview. Keep the fingers crossed.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > In article <XYC%d.149835$FM3.115669@fed1read02>, jojo@cox.net says...
    >>
    >>In article <CqudnT3TIocaSaPfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>,
    >>Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
    >>>

    >>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    >>>I haven't seen reviews yet but it is weird how they reviewed some launch
    >>>games and not others. I haven't seen one for Untold Legends at the major
    >>>sites. I have seen a couple for NBA though.
    >>>

    >>Yeah I'm looking for reviews of MLB, Ape Escape and Untold Legends.
    >>

    > I was reading a preview on Gamespot about MLB. They got a preview edition
    > couple of weeks ago and from what they were saying it sounds like Sony has
    > kinda screwed up on the baseball game. They did say it was not a final
    > build
    > and hopefully Sony has made the needed changes but I'm gonna have to wait
    > and
    > see after reading this preview. Keep the fingers crossed.

    Yeah, I saw something similar about NBA's shooting system. I am cool with
    MVP's set up this year so that isn't a problem.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <ZvadnfuDzsNgu93fRVn-2A@comcast.com>,
    Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <XYC%d.149835$FM3.115669@fed1read02>, jojo@cox.net says...
    >>>
    >>>In article <CqudnT3TIocaSaPfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>,
    >>>Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...

    >>>Yeah I'm looking for reviews of MLB, Ape Escape and Untold Legends.
    >>>

    >> I was reading a preview on Gamespot about MLB. They got a preview edition
    >> couple of weeks ago and from what they were saying it sounds like Sony has
    >> kinda screwed up on the baseball game. They did say it was not a final
    >> build
    >> and hopefully Sony has made the needed changes but I'm gonna have to wait
    >> and
    >> see after reading this preview. Keep the fingers crossed.
    >>

    >Yeah, I saw something similar about NBA's shooting system. I am cool with
    >MVP's set up this year so that isn't a problem.

    MVP is coming to the PSP too? They only said that the PSP version of MLB was
    screwed up.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > In article <ZvadnfuDzsNgu93fRVn-2A@comcast.com>,
    > Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
    >>

    >>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>> In article <XYC%d.149835$FM3.115669@fed1read02>, jojo@cox.net says...

    >>> I was reading a preview on Gamespot about MLB. They got a preview
    >>> edition
    >>> couple of weeks ago and from what they were saying it sounds like Sony
    >>> has
    >>> kinda screwed up on the baseball game. They did say it was not a final
    >>> build
    >>> and hopefully Sony has made the needed changes but I'm gonna have to
    >>> wait
    >>> and
    >>> see after reading this preview. Keep the fingers crossed.
    >>>

    >>Yeah, I saw something similar about NBA's shooting system. I am cool with
    >>MVP's set up this year so that isn't a problem.
    >>

    > MVP is coming to the PSP too? They only said that the PSP version of MLB
    > was
    > screwed up.

    http://psp.ign.com/objects/664/664930.html?ui=gamefinder
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Robert P Holley wrote:

    > Converting my DVDs to MP4 at this point is too much of a hassle and
    too
    > expensive. Factor in the outrageous bundle pack cost and the
    > PS2-retread game library, the PSP has become a wait-until-later item
    > for me.

    The UMD movies are way too expensive, since you can find so many great
    DVDs for $10-15. I'm sure the quality of the PSP movie capabilities
    would be less than what you can get with a portable DVD player since an
    UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.

    Jojo mentioned that it's great to play Ridge Racer and Wipeout on the
    PSP but I disagree. The home versions of Ridge Racer and Wipeout are
    not even among the best racers of this generation and the PSP versions
    have worse graphics/control than the home versions. Also, I can buy
    Wipeout and Ridge Racer for the PS2 and they'll still cost less than
    one PSP game. Cost is not usually a problem for me with gaming but I
    don't like to pay more for less which is why I always try to get the
    best version of a multiplatform game.

    I'm not too crazy about handhelds either, since the home consoles/PC
    are so much better. The last handheld I had was an Atari lynx. I love
    videogames but I don't have to spend all my free time playing. The PSP
    has much potential but it has to have a better library than trimmed
    down PS2 games. I have as much interest playing PS 1.5 games as I have
    in watching Spiderman 2 on a 4 inch screen.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
    > Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
    > Im leaning towards these.
    >
    > wipeout pure
    > lumines
    > thug 2 remix

    My three...

    Lumines
    Ridge Racer
    Metal Gear Acid
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    > "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <ZvadnfuDzsNgu93fRVn-2A@comcast.com>,
    >> Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
    >>>

    >>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    >>>Yeah, I saw something similar about NBA's shooting system. I am cool
    >>>with
    >>>MVP's set up this year so that isn't a problem.
    >>>

    >> MVP is coming to the PSP too? They only said that the PSP version of MLB
    >> was
    >> screwed up.
    >>

    > http://psp.ign.com/objects/664/664930.html?ui=gamefinder

    Is mvp going to be available at launch though ? Eb games has it for 4/24 or
    somewhere around there. But if its for launch ill have to add this one to my
    list. Ive been playing this game as well as mlb2k5 for the ps2. Both pretty
    solid games imo.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    <brun132001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Robert P Holley wrote:
    >
    >> Converting my DVDs to MP4 at this point is too much of a hassle and
    > too
    >> expensive. Factor in the outrageous bundle pack cost and the
    >> PS2-retread game library, the PSP has become a wait-until-later item
    >> for me.
    >
    > The UMD movies are way too expensive, since you can find so many great
    > DVDs for $10-15. I'm sure the quality of the PSP movie capabilities
    > would be less than what you can get with a portable DVD player since an
    > UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.

    Absolutely, but you can also create your own movies quite easily to put on a
    memory stick. But then again, you have already repeated yourself so we knew
    this already.

    > Jojo mentioned that it's great to play Ridge Racer and Wipeout on the
    > PSP but I disagree. The home versions of Ridge Racer and Wipeout are
    > not even among the best racers of this generation and the PSP versions
    > have worse graphics/control than the home versions. Also, I can buy
    > Wipeout and Ridge Racer for the PS2 and they'll still cost less than
    > one PSP game. Cost is not usually a problem for me with gaming but I
    > don't like to pay more for less which is why I always try to get the
    > best version of a multiplatform game.

    And you would know that they have worse graphics/control because you have
    played them right? You already established that you weren't getting a PSP
    for X reason so why the hell are you posting in a thread about PSP launch
    titles. You aren't convincing any of us NOT to get one so my only other
    thought is that you are trying to convince yourself why it is ok for YOU not
    to get one.

    > I'm not too crazy about handhelds either, since the home consoles/PC
    > are so much better. The last handheld I had was an Atari lynx. I love
    > videogames but I don't have to spend all my free time playing. The PSP
    > has much potential but it has to have a better library than trimmed
    > down PS2 games. I have as much interest playing PS 1.5 games as I have
    > in watching Spiderman 2 on a 4 inch screen.

    Once again, please put OT in your post so we know that it doesn't have a
    damned thing to do with "What psp launch titles will you be getting."
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Mattinglyfan deez nuts wrote:

    > > The UMD movies are way too expensive, since you can find so many
    great
    > > DVDs for $10-15. I'm sure the quality of the PSP movie
    capabilities
    > > would be less than what you can get with a portable DVD player
    since an
    > > UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.
    >
    > Absolutely, but you can also create your own movies quite easily to
    put on a
    > memory stick. But then again, you have already repeated yourself so
    we knew
    > this already.

    The created movies are still less than DVD quality. You must have been
    confused, when did I bring up this point?

    > And you would know that they have worse graphics/control because you
    have
    > played them right?
    All the reviews have mentioned that graphics and control are
    downgraded.

    >You already established that you weren't getting a PSP
    > for X reason so why the hell are you posting in a thread about PSP
    launch
    > titles. You aren't convincing any of us NOT to get one so my only
    other
    > thought is that you are trying to convince yourself why it is ok for
    YOU not
    > to get one.

    I can post whatever I want. I'm not going to stop posting because
    you're pissed off. I was just having a discussion with Zackman about
    why I'm not that excited to get a PSP, and it was an appropriate time
    to do so. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I easily
    have the money to get a PSP, if I want to, I just have to spend $380 on
    a bundle on gamestop. I rountinely spend $500 on a PC videocard, so
    the PSP bundle would relatively be a steal compared to what I get with
    a videocard. Your lunatic ravings makes it look like you're insecured
    about your purchase. Why else would you be so angry about any
    criticism? I'm sure the PSP would be great for many, but I'm just not
    excited about playing inferior versions of PS2 games on a tiny screen.
    I'll be the first one to admit I'm wrong, once there are unique PSP
    titles that match the quality of something like God of War.

    > Once again, please put OT in your post so we know that it doesn't
    have a
    > damned thing to do with "What psp launch titles will you be getting."

    Do you put OT everytime you've gone off topic? If not, STFU.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Mattinglyfan (deez nuts) wrote:
    > "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > Already bought Wipeout and Twisted Metal. Looking for Untold
    Legends
    > > and Mercury next.
    > >
    > > - Jordan
    > >

    > If any of you guys ever decide to tunnel with Untold Legends, let me
    know.

    That should be awesome... I'm just waiting on the game now...

    - Jordan
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Mattinglyfan deez nuts wrote:
    >
    >> > The UMD movies are way too expensive, since you can find so many
    > great
    >> > DVDs for $10-15. I'm sure the quality of the PSP movie
    > capabilities
    >> > would be less than what you can get with a portable DVD player
    > since an
    >> > UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.
    >>
    >> Absolutely, but you can also create your own movies quite easily to
    > put on a
    >> memory stick. But then again, you have already repeated yourself so
    > we knew
    >> this already.
    >

    > The created movies are still less than DVD quality. You must have been
    > confused, when did I bring up this point?

    I am not confused. You started off by saying "UMD movies are way too
    expensive" so I simply explained that you can rip DVD's for free. What part
    was I confused about.

    >> And you would know that they have worse graphics/control because you
    > have
    >> played them right?
    > All the reviews have mentioned that graphics and control are
    > downgraded.
    >
    >>You already established that you weren't getting a PSP
    >> for X reason so why the hell are you posting in a thread about PSP
    > launch
    >> titles. You aren't convincing any of us NOT to get one so my only
    > other
    >> thought is that you are trying to convince yourself why it is ok for
    > YOU not
    >> to get one.
    >
    > I can post whatever I want. I'm not going to stop posting because
    > you're pissed off. I was just having a discussion with Zackman about
    > why I'm not that excited to get a PSP, and it was an appropriate time
    > to do so.

    So if it was appropriate for you to go off topic, why is it not ok for me to
    call you on it?

    > I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I easily
    > have the money to get a PSP, if I want to, I just have to spend $380 on
    > a bundle on gamestop. I rountinely spend $500 on a PC videocard, so
    > the PSP bundle would relatively be a steal compared to what I get with
    > a videocard. Your lunatic ravings makes it look like you're insecured
    > about your purchase.

    I am not "insecured" about anything. I just didn't see the heading "Why I
    am not excited about the PSP even though this is a thread about Launch
    Titles" heading.

    >Why else would you be so angry about any
    > criticism?

    LOL. I am not angry about criticism. What you stated was opinion and not
    criticism. In order to critique the PSP you would have had to have played
    it which we all know you haven't. My response was more along the lines of
    "Stop talking out of your ass" in a thread for people who want to find out
    about the games.

    >I'm sure the PSP would be great for many, but I'm just not
    > excited about playing inferior versions of PS2 games on a tiny screen.
    > I'll be the first one to admit I'm wrong, once there are unique PSP
    > titles that match the quality of something like God of War.

    I am pretty sure I didn't say you had to be excited or even like the PSP. I
    just asked that you mark your off topic opinion so people know it doesn't
    have a damned thing to do with what we are talking about and can easily
    ignore it.

    >> Once again, please put OT in your post so we know that it doesn't
    > have a
    >> damned thing to do with "What psp launch titles will you be getting."
    >
    > Do you put OT everytime you've gone off topic? If not, STFU.

    Wow, what's with the profanity? That was uncalled for. I am pretty sure I
    didn't call you a punk ass off topic posting bitch so let's keep this
    civilized. BTW, the "retreads" of which you speak haven't even been
    released on the PS2 so that goes back to the "talking out of your ass" thing
    I referred to.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    brun132...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Skye wrote:
    >
    > > Post a link to Ridge Racers or Wipeout Pure on the PS2, dullard.
    How
    > about
    > > Lumines and Untold Legends? You're a moron.
    >
    > Only a moron would think that the PSP Ridge racers or Wipeout are
    > unique.

    You have to consider who you are replying to.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    <brun132001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Robert P Holley wrote:
    >
    > > Converting my DVDs to MP4 at this point is too much of a hassle and
    > too
    > > expensive. Factor in the outrageous bundle pack cost and the
    > > PS2-retread game library, the PSP has become a wait-until-later item
    > > for me.
    >
    > The UMD movies are way too expensive, since you can find so many great
    > DVDs for $10-15. I'm sure the quality of the PSP movie capabilities
    > would be less than what you can get with a portable DVD player since an
    > UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.
    >
    > Jojo mentioned that it's great to play Ridge Racer and Wipeout on the
    > PSP but I disagree. The home versions of Ridge Racer and Wipeout are
    > not even among the best racers of this generation and the PSP versions
    > have worse graphics/control than the home versions. Also, I can buy
    > Wipeout and Ridge Racer for the PS2 and they'll still cost less than
    > one PSP game.

    You can buy Wipeout Pure and Ridge Racers on the PS2? Amazing since they've
    never been released. Dolt.
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    <brun132001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Mattinglyfan deez nuts wrote:
    >
    > > > The UMD movies are way too expensive, since you can find so many
    > great
    > > > DVDs for $10-15. I'm sure the quality of the PSP movie
    > capabilities
    > > > would be less than what you can get with a portable DVD player
    > since an
    > > > UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.
    > >
    > > Absolutely, but you can also create your own movies quite easily to
    > put on a
    > > memory stick. But then again, you have already repeated yourself so
    > we knew
    > > this already.
    >

    > The created movies are still less than DVD quality. You must have been
    > confused, when did I bring up this point?
    >
    > > And you would know that they have worse graphics/control because you
    > have
    > > played them right?
    > All the reviews have mentioned that graphics and control are
    > downgraded.
    >
    > >You already established that you weren't getting a PSP
    > > for X reason so why the hell are you posting in a thread about PSP
    > launch
    > > titles. You aren't convincing any of us NOT to get one so my only
    > other
    > > thought is that you are trying to convince yourself why it is ok for
    > YOU not
    > > to get one.
    >
    > I can post whatever I want. I'm not going to stop posting because
    > you're pissed off. I was just having a discussion with Zackman about
    > why I'm not that excited to get a PSP, and it was an appropriate time
    > to do so. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I easily
    > have the money to get a PSP, if I want to, I just have to spend $380 on
    > a bundle on gamestop. I rountinely spend $500 on a PC videocard, so
    > the PSP bundle would relatively be a steal compared to what I get with
    > a videocard. Your lunatic ravings makes it look like you're insecured
    > about your purchase. Why else would you be so angry about any
    > criticism? I'm sure the PSP would be great for many, but I'm just not
    > excited about playing inferior versions of PS2 games on a tiny screen.
    > I'll be the first one to admit I'm wrong, once there are unique PSP
    > titles that match the quality of something like God of War.
    >

    > > Once again, please put OT in your post so we know that it doesn't
    > have a
    > > damned thing to do with "What psp launch titles will you be getting."
    >
    > Do you put OT everytime you've gone off topic? If not, STFU.

    Post a link to Ridge Racers or Wipeout Pure on the PS2, dullard. How about
    Lumines and Untold Legends? You're a moron.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <1111562167.544001.94510@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    brun132001@yahoo.com wrote:

    > UMD's video is more compressed than a DVD.

    They have better compression. Doesn't mean it will be better but for
    comparable video quality, supposedly MPEG4 requires half the bitrate and
    space as MPEG2.

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video Sony Video Games