What psp launch titles will you be getting ?

Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
Im leaning towards these.

wipeout pure
lumines
thug 2 remix

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

Lumines
MLB
Metal Gear Acid
Untold Legends
Ridge Racers
NFL Street

Wolverine

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2004

Untold Legends is all that interests me initially.

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

On Order I Have

Ridge Racer
ATV
Wipeout
Tiger Woods
Everyones Golf

And trying to decide between Fifa and World Soccer

I alreayd have Tony Hawk and NFS underground bought, but I may return
underground for ridge racer, looks like RR is the better game. I also have
NFL Street 2 and Lumines pre-ordered

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

Twisted Metal
Wipeout Pure
Lumines
Ridge Racer

I am thinking of Untold Legends, Ridge Racer abd Twisted Metal....

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
> Im leaning towards these.
>
> wipeout pure
> lumines
> thug 2 remix

Twisted Metal
Tiger Woods
Ridge Racer
NBA

"lb02" <brienwiggins@NOSPAMMINGALLOWEDyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Twisted Metal
> Tiger Woods
> Ridge Racer
> NBA

I wanted NBA until I read a couple of interviews about how screwy the
shooting system is with the double tap. I will hold off on that one.

In article <Wkm%d.3622$191.795@trnddc02>, ga@lone.com says...

>Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
>Im leaning towards these.
>
>wipeout pure
>lumines
>thug 2 remix

I'm getting the following sweet cheese.
1.Wipeout Pure
2.Ridge Racer
3.Lumines
4.Maybe Untold Legends-waiting for reviews

In article <ZcWdnXLLlsZHg6PfRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...

>"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
>> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
>> Im leaning towards these.
>>
>> wipeout pure
>> lumines
>> thug 2 remix
>>

>Lumines
>MLB
>Metal Gear Acid
>Untold Legends
>Ridge Racers
>NFL Street

MLB is a launch title? I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and have
lost track of my PSP info. What kind of reviews has it been getting?

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> In article <ZcWdnXLLlsZHg6PfRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
> Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
>>

>>"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
>>> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
>>> Im leaning towards these.
>>>
>>> wipeout pure
>>> lumines
>>> thug 2 remix
>>>

>>Lumines
>>MLB
>>Metal Gear Acid
>>Untold Legends
>>Ridge Racers
>>NFL Street
>>

> MLB is a launch title? I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and
> have
> lost track of my PSP info. What kind of reviews has it been getting?

I haven't seen reviews yet but it is weird how they reviewed some launch
games and not others. I haven't seen one for Untold Legends at the major
sites. I have seen a couple for NBA though.

In article <Wkm%d.3622$191.795@trnddc02>, ga@lone.com says...

>Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.
>Im leaning towards these.
>
>wipeout pure
>lumines
>thug 2 remix

Freddy is gonna get that title called Stomach Ulcer. He might pick up that
other game called Jealous Envy.

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:

> Freddy is gonna get that title called Stomach Ulcer.

Is that a DS game? Do you use the stylus to rub away bubbling acid in your
stomach?

Actually that sounds kind of like the goldfish level in Feel the Magic...

-Z-

lonesw0rdsman wrote:

> Im thinking of getting at least 3 titles.

Already have: Lumines, Ridge Racer, Hot Shots Golf, THUG2, Dynasty Warriors.

Still want: Metal Gear Acid, Wipeout Pure, Untold Legends, either NBA or NFL
Street.

I've never owned a console (handheld, whatever) that I wanted/bought as many
games for at launch as the PSP.

-Z-

Zackman wrote:

> I've never owned a console (handheld, whatever) that I wanted/bought
as many
> games for at launch as the PSP.
>
> -Z-

I was really excited about the PSP a couple of months ago but as
information about the launch titles came out, I got really
underwhelmed. The PSP games all seem to be inferior versions of
console games that you can already play. Sony claimed that the PSP
would be at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS2, but even
in the tiny screenshots, I can tell the graphics are obviously
inferior. I won't buy a PSP for its multimedia capabilities either, so
the games would have to impress me before I get one. Right now, I just
don't see why I would spend time playing any of the PSP titles over any
of this month's best releases on the PS2/Xbox.

In article <CqudnT3TIocaSaPfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>,
Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In article <ZcWdnXLLlsZHg6PfRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
>> Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
>>>

>>>"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message

>>>Lumines
>>>MLB
>>>Metal Gear Acid
>>>Untold Legends
>>>Ridge Racers
>>>NFL Street
>>>

>> MLB is a launch title? I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and
>> have
>> lost track of my PSP info. What kind of reviews has it been getting?
>>

>I haven't seen reviews yet but it is weird how they reviewed some launch
>games and not others. I haven't seen one for Untold Legends at the major
>sites. I have seen a couple for NBA though.

Yeah I'm looking for reviews of MLB, Ape Escape and Untold Legends.

brun132001@yahoo.com wrote:

> Sony claimed that the PSP
> would be at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS2, but even
> in the tiny screenshots, I can tell the graphics are obviously
> inferior.

Sony may be the masters of BS hype, but I can't see them ever saying this.
It's not a handheld PS2, but the graphics are unlike anything you've ever
seen on a handheld, and it blows the Nintendo DS out of the water. It's not
supposed to take the place of your home console, it's supposed to give you
console-like gameplay in a portable format.

> Right now, I
> just don't see why I would spend time playing any of the PSP titles
> over any of this month's best releases on the PS2/Xbox.

Fair enough. But I've had to take three flights since I got my PSP (one
transoceanic), and I've never had time pass as quickly as it has since I was
able to play Hot Shots Golf and Lumines and watch video on something that
fits in my hand.

-Z-

"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Already bought Wipeout and Twisted Metal. Looking for Untold Legends
> and Mercury next.
>
> - Jordan

If any of you guys ever decide to tunnel with Untold Legends, let me know.

I have Wipeout Pure already. Great game. I'll also be getting the US version
of Lumines. I want one of the 2 baseball games, and possibly Tiger Woods
golf.

In article <1111450420.314878.17170@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
brun132001@yahoo.com says...

>Zackman wrote:
>

>> I've never owned a console (handheld, whatever) that I wanted/bought
>as many
>> games for at launch as the PSP.
>>
>> -Z-
>
>I was really excited about the PSP a couple of months ago but as
>information about the launch titles came out, I got really
>underwhelmed. The PSP games all seem to be inferior versions of
>console games that you can already play. Sony claimed that the PSP
>would be at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS2, but even
>in the tiny screenshots, I can tell the graphics are obviously
>inferior. I won't buy a PSP for its multimedia capabilities either, so
>the games would have to impress me before I get one. Right now, I just
>don't see why I would spend time playing any of the PSP titles over any
>of this month's best releases on the PS2/Xbox.

Do you ever leave home? Do you work? Do you go to school? All good reasons to
buy a PSP. So far I've read that the Wipeout game is the best thats come out
in a long time. Same goes for Ridge Racer.

brun132001@yahoo.com wrote:
> Zackman wrote:
>

> > I've never owned a console (handheld, whatever) that I
wanted/bought
> as many
> > games for at launch as the PSP.
> >
> > -Z-
>
> I was really excited about the PSP a couple of months ago but as
> information about the launch titles came out, I got really
> underwhelmed. The PSP games all seem to be inferior versions of
> console games that you can already play. Sony claimed that the PSP
> would be at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS2, but even
> in the tiny screenshots, I can tell the graphics are obviously
> inferior. I won't buy a PSP for its multimedia capabilities either,
so
> the games would have to impress me before I get one. Right now, I
just
> don't see why I would spend time playing any of the PSP titles over
any
> of this month's best releases on the PS2/Xbox.

I'm with you. I was never a fan of handhelds to begin with but the PSP
definitely turned my head. The lure of it's multimedia functionality
drew me in at first but after a while I realized it's going to be
under-utlizied. The UMD movies will never take off, and I certainly
won't want to pay $20 for a movie I already have on DVD which I can
watch on a large screen TV.

Converting my DVDs to MP4 at this point is too much of a hassle and too
expensive. Factor in the outrageous bundle pack cost and the
PS2-retread game library, the PSP has become a wait-until-later item
for me.

Going to get two for sure.

I will get Lumines just becaue it is the new Tetris - Sony should
increase the PSP price and bundle this game IMO.

I was going to get NFS:R but the slowdown has me worried.

Ridge Racer might get boring fast... but it looks so good.

Wipeout Pure brings back some great PSX memories - very tempting.

I think all the 989 sports games are ass. From what I have read anyway.
FIFA is tempting, but I just bought it for my N-Gage a few months
ago... too bad EB only give $7 for NG games.

THUG 2 is looking good... THPS3 is the last one I played.

Death Jr. looks like it might be fun.

But I will probably get MGS:A as I have never played an MGS game and I
am going to do the series on my PS2 - just as soon as I finish FF:X.

Keep in mind that GT4:M and GTA are coming next month...

Fingers crossed for a Ratchet and Clank portable game soon.

In article <XYC%d.149835$FM3.115669@fed1read02>, jojo@cox.net says...

>In article <CqudnT3TIocaSaPfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>,
>Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
>>

>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> In article <ZcWdnXLLlsZHg6PfRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
>>> Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...

>>> MLB is a launch title? I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and
>>> have
>>> lost track of my PSP info. What kind of reviews has it been getting?
>>>

>>I haven't seen reviews yet but it is weird how they reviewed some launch
>>games and not others. I haven't seen one for Untold Legends at the major
>>sites. I have seen a couple for NBA though.
>>

>Yeah I'm looking for reviews of MLB, Ape Escape and Untold Legends.

I was reading a preview on Gamespot about MLB. They got a preview edition a
couple of weeks ago and from what they were saying it sounds like Sony has
kinda screwed up on the baseball game. They did say it was not a final build
and hopefully Sony has made the needed changes but I'm gonna have to wait and
see after reading this preview. Keep the fingers crossed.