Background Tab does not work

August 11, 2004 6:29:01 PM

I'm trying to put a picture as my background on desktop, but the only tabs I
have on the properties screen are Themes, screensaver, appearance and
settings. None of these allow me to affect the background. HELP!

More about : background tab work

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 7:25:03 PM

Is your computer on a network using Active Directory? If so, there may be a
group policy that is affecting what is available to you.

"SENG" wrote:

> I'm trying to put a picture as my background on desktop, but the only tabs I
> have on the properties screen are Themes, screensaver, appearance and
> settings. None of these allow me to affect the background. HELP!
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 11:30:41 PM

Hi,

You may want to download and run the following edit:

Restore desktop and screensaver tab (line 128, right column)

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"SENG" <SENG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to put a picture as my background on desktop, but the only tabs
> have on the properties screen are Themes, screensaver, appearance and
> settings. None of these allow me to affect the background. HELP!
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 12:19:38 AM

Seng--

If I understand you just want a picture as a background on a single
desktop--so you don't have the issue of setting up policies for multiple
desktops to have the same picture. You should be able to:

1) Go to My Pictures>Click Picture>Tasks>Set as desktop background.
or
Right click the picture>set as desktop background.

2) Or you can go to the desktop tab on the display properties box and select
a background, and many third party web sites like Stardocks and TGTSoft have
links to hundreds of free downloads for desktop backgrounds.

3) The normal number of tabs without 3rd party additions on the display
properties dialogue box is *5* and you seem to be missing the desktop tab
with background image selection for youor desktop selection as part of this
tab's dialogue box.

Restore desktop and screensaver tabs (Line 128 Right)
Kelly's Tweaks

Normal Complement of XP Tabs
http://tinyurl.com/6zdfk

hth,