Background Tab does not work

I'm trying to put a picture as my background on desktop, but the only tabs I
have on the properties screen are Themes, screensaver, appearance and
settings. None of these allow me to affect the background. HELP!
3 answers Last reply
More about background work

    Is your computer on a network using Active Directory? If so, there may be a
    group policy that is affecting what is available to you.

    "SENG" wrote:

    > I'm trying to put a picture as my background on desktop, but the only tabs I
    > have on the properties screen are Themes, screensaver, appearance and
    > settings. None of these allow me to affect the background. HELP!

    Hi,

    You may want to download and run the following edit:

    Restore desktop and screensaver tab (line 128, right column)

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    http://www.mvps.org

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "SENG" <SENG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to put a picture as my background on desktop, but the only tabs
    > have on the properties screen are Themes, screensaver, appearance and
    > settings. None of these allow me to affect the background. HELP!

    Seng--

    If I understand you just want a picture as a background on a single
    desktop--so you don't have the issue of setting up policies for multiple
    desktops to have the same picture. You should be able to:

    1) Go to My Pictures>Click Picture>Tasks>Set as desktop background.
    or
    Right click the picture>set as desktop background.

    2) Or you can go to the desktop tab on the display properties box and select
    a background, and many third party web sites like Stardocks and TGTSoft have
    links to hundreds of free downloads for desktop backgrounds.

    3) The normal number of tabs without 3rd party additions on the display
    properties dialogue box is *5* and you seem to be missing the desktop tab
    with background image selection for youor desktop selection as part of this
    tab's dialogue box.

    Restore desktop and screensaver tabs (Line 128 Right)
    Kelly's Tweaks

    Normal Complement of XP Tabs
    http://tinyurl.com/6zdfk

    hth,