New GTX 560 Ti, BSOD, TDR Issue, Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeyguliani

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
Hi Guys,

I recently bought Zotac 560 Ti DDR 5 1024MB Graphic Card.

Problem :
I am facing Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)(Bugcheck Code 0x116),due to TDR Issue, while playing Crysis 2, Assassin Creed Brotherhood etc. after ~15-20 Minutes of play. Display goes blank and after few seconds system reboots.

My PC Specs:-

Processor : Intel i5 2500k (NOT OVERCLOCKED)
Motherboard : Intel DH67BL
RAM : Corsair 4GB (Single Stick)
Power Supply (PSU) : Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600w
HDD : 3 Separate SATA Hard disks (500 gb + 1 TB + 320 GB)
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

Softwares Installed:
Operating System : Windows 7 Build 7600 + Service Pack 1 (six months old installation)
NVIDIA Drivers : 270.61, 280.26, Even 285.27 is crashing
Antivirus : Quick Heal Total Security (2011)
MSI Afterburner + Kombuster
Furmark
Prime95
Memtest86
OCCT
CPUID + Hardware Monitor
Power ISO
Intel Desktop Utilities

Details :
I had XFX 9400GT and upgraded to Zotac GTX 560 Ti on 07.09.11, bought a new Saga II 500w power supply along with card, i uninstalled all nvidia drivers and plugged new GTX 560 Ti, then reinstalled New Nvidia 280.26 Drivers.

I started playing Crysis 2 and it crashed, then it crashed again, it got me freaked so i searched internet and downloaded MSI Afterburner and Furmark for Card Testing. Furmark Test stressed GTX 560 Ti to 102 C, after which i went to Aditya Infotech (Distributor of Zotac in India) they also checked and found it defective and replaced it.

I got New Box Packed Zotac GTX 560 Ti,but as i had suspicion about the Power Supply so i got that replaced too for Corsair Builder Series CX600w.

But after i installed both, i found 12v voltage of PSU at ~10.560-10.960 which is way below recommended 11.100v,
So i got Corsair CX600w replaced (after too much hard work) for Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600w.

Now i have New Zotac GTX 560 Ti with Cooler Master 600w PSU and above mentioned specs. But my pc still gives BSOD (Bccode 0x116) while playing Crysis 2 or other games, it works fine for long hours,if i don't play games. I am really freaking out, i tried each and every tip, tricks, solutions but nothing worked for me.

Solutions Tried but Failed: :(

Memtest86 : Ran 8 Tests and it found "No Errors"
Furmark (on 2nd Card): Benchmark with "NO AA" 1397 Points, Temp ~45 c -77 C
Nvidia Driver Rollback : Tried going back to 275.xx version of NVIDIA Drivers
Nvidia Driver UPDATE : Installed Latest 285.27 Version NVidia Drivers
Driver Sweeper : Uninstalled Nvidia Drivers->Safe Mode->Manual Delete balance folders->Driver Sweeper Cleaning.
Checked HDD : In AHCI Mode (in Bios)
Software : Uninstalled all unnecessary software like MSI Afterburner, occt, furmark,
Antivirus : Tried, enable entertainment mode, disable antivirus.
Regedit : Tried editing registries related to TDR like TdrDelay to 8 hex, or disable TDR
CPU Overheating : CPU Not Overheating, in Crysis 2 it goes to 60 c with CPU Cooler
Realtek HD Audio : Uninstalled Realtek HD Audio and cleaned with Driver Sweeper.
RAM Cleaned and Slot Changed.
CPU Cleaned and CPU Cooler Attached.
Hard Disks Cables checked.
Unnecessary USB Devices unplugged.

Please help!!!

hiteshyadavh

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011

Hello,
I think I have the same kind if issue here with me and coincidentally I am interacting with the same dealer, I have like 750w+ power supply and while playing some really heavy games like crysis 2 , call of juarez 2 my display goes blank and displayes message of no signal with a weird somd of game coming in background like a cd struck in player and fan speed so going so high that the sound coming from it freaks me out weatherif it is going to blow up.

nexaddo187

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Same deal, except I have a 550 Ti on an AMD platform. I go into safe mode and delete/uninstall drivers and reboot and attempt to install drivers (which nvidia.com cannot detect my hardware) then it goes right back to the blue screen-o-death. I have no issues for the past 6 months from when it was built. I was playing Rift which is not a very intensive game- got the black screen and it soundsed as though it was going to explode. When I get home from work I'm going to attempt to place the card in another PCI slot and give it go... hopefully it reads it. I have not yet tried to mess with the BIOs considering it's a pain in the butt if for some reason you mess them up. If you guys find any solutions please do share.

Update: Got home... attempted to delete/uninstall drivers in safe mode and I finally got it to auto-detect... Do not know how/why... just after doing it a couple times it actually detected and installed the driver on its own and i updated the driver from my manufacture's site (MSi) ... wonder how long this will last until more crashing.

update: Worked five minutes, loaded Rift so see if it would crash, and WHAM. reset to the awesome black screen and noise galore.

chaitu100

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
im using a zebronic 400 watt psu on a zotac gtx 560 ti. played crysis 2 and battlefield 3 both at 1080p. no problem so far.ofcourse i have just 1 HDD and low power consuming cpu.but i had this problems with my old ATI 4670 with some games. it could be driver issue or card problem or the game itself or its settings. if the game is original try adjusting settings. first try with lower settings say 720 p and check it. also see if problem persists with other games etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.