Which HD 6870 is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adityar0210

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Hi guys.
I'm looking at a new card to replace my old one.
The HD 6870 caught my eye, but i don't know which one to buy.

Asus Radeon HD6870 or Sapphire Radeon HD6870?

Help appreciated.

Solution
It's just a matter of user preference. Both brands are good. The things you'll want to watch out for are:

1. Has the card got a factory overclock? Compare the card's clock speeds that you're looking at to the reference clock speeds

2. Does the card have a reference cooler or an aftermarket cooler? In other words, do you want the heat being expelled outside your case or do you have enough airflow in your case to support heat being expelled inside it?

3. Warranty. Compare warranties on both cards.

4. Cost. Is one significantly higher than the other?

This should help you with any decision between two graphics cards of the same type, e.g., two 560's or two 6870's.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
It's just a matter of user preference. Both brands are good. The things you'll want to watch out for are:

1. Has the card got a factory overclock? Compare the card's clock speeds that you're looking at to the reference clock speeds

2. Does the card have a reference cooler or an aftermarket cooler? In other words, do you want the heat being expelled outside your case or do you have enough airflow in your case to support heat being expelled inside it?

3. Warranty. Compare warranties on both cards.

4. Cost. Is one significantly higher than the other?

This should help you with any decision between two graphics cards of the same type, e.g., two 560's or two 6870's.

Solution

FlutterGuy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I can vouch for the XFX one as well. Especially if you can get their factory-overclocked Black edition for a reasonable price. Or one of their dual fan designs, I'm not hugely impressed with the cooler on the reference design

mkristian

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
also watch out for the gigabyte version which has no voltage control, which i have. Despite that it has a factory overclock and has awesome cooling (3 fans) and insane performance for price.

Status
Not open for further replies.