Nikon Capture Software

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 21, 2005 11:44:26 PM

I have just bought a Nikon D70,it came with a 30 day full version of Nikon
Capture V.4.1.0 i was wondering if to buy this or use another software
package like Adobe Elements 3.Has any body bought the Nikon software,and
what price is it,and where is the best place to buy it from.Also any
commentson the Adobe software welcome cheers Stephen.

More about : nikon capture software

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 11:44:27 PM

"Stephen Manaton" <meade@tivvy.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 48sap$jfv$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
>I have just bought a Nikon D70,it came with a 30 day full version of Nikon
> Capture V.4.1.0 i was wondering if to buy this or use another software
> package like Adobe Elements 3.Has any body bought the Nikon software,and
> what price is it,and where is the best place to buy it from.Also any
> commentson the Adobe software welcome cheers Stephen.

I got it. You can use your camera remotely with it. You can upload custom
curves into your D70 with it. It's a RAW converter. It's not a bad program
for manipulating images, works well with RAW images and gets pretty good
ratings, but Adobe is definitely better, IMHO. Best reason for getting
Capture is to upload curves. Nikon View is free and will make quickie
changes to your RAW photos. Capture has more depth, and Adobe even more
depth. Photoshop is still the standard by which all are judged.

It's about $89 - $99 everywhere. Haven't seen any big discounts on the
software anywhere. Nikon should just include it.
April 21, 2005 11:55:55 PM

"Stephen Manaton" <meade@tivvy.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 48sap$jfv$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> I have just bought a Nikon D70,it came with a 30 day full version of Nikon
> Capture V.4.1.0 i was wondering if to buy this or use another software
> package like Adobe Elements 3.Has any body bought the Nikon software,and
> what price is it,and where is the best place to buy it from.Also any
> commentson the Adobe software welcome cheers Stephen.
I much prefer Photoshop. About the only use for Nikon Capture is to convert
the image from the fisheye 10.5mm lens to rectilinear. Now as soon as I
find the money to buy the lens...
Actually, there is one other use. It provides a RAW converter for
Photoshop...

You can buy Nikon Capture lots of places (too numerous to mention).
Jim

April 21, 2005 11:55:56 PM

Jim wrote:
> "Stephen Manaton" <meade@tivvy.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D 48sap$jfv$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
>>I have just bought a Nikon D70,it came with a 30 day full version of Nikon
>>Capture V.4.1.0 i was wondering if to buy this or use another software
>>package like Adobe Elements 3.Has any body bought the Nikon software,and
>>what price is it,and where is the best place to buy it from.Also any
>>commentson the Adobe software welcome cheers Stephen.
>
> I much prefer Photoshop. About the only use for Nikon Capture is to convert
> the image from the fisheye 10.5mm lens to rectilinear. Now as soon as I
> find the money to buy the lens...
> Actually, there is one other use. It provides a RAW converter for
> Photoshop...

Slow but good quality raw conversion. What I use is the remote control
feature for time lapse or carefully set up shots with the laptop.

!