5mins playing good framrates after 10mins goes 16 fraps HELP!

What is the problem ITS MY CPU? OR RAM OR GPU? OR PSU?

Intel E5200 2.50ghz
2gb ddr2
GTS 450 FTW
FSP 500watts 12volt 18amps
1280 by 1024

Im playing NEED FOR SPEED MW 2 ALL HIGH Except VSync Trilnnear and Aliasing.
19 answers Last reply
More about 5mins playing good framrates 10mins fraps help
  1. Im playing it with 64 average framerates then after 10 mins it goes 16 framerates HELP?
  2. MOST WANTED 2 NFS
  3. sounds like something is overheating to drop fps like that. clean the dust from all your fans and heatsinks, install an exhaust fan in your case also.
  4. My GTS 450 TEMP is 41c
  5. When the FPS drop have a look to see if you CPU usage is at 100% and download a desktop gadget that will show the same for your GPU.
  6. @Iam2thecrow ok im open tha case and put a ELECTRIC FAN :p

OR YOU THINK I AM BOTTLENECK THE GTS 450 with my CPU?
  7. Im using WIN XP I THINK I NEED TO UPGRADE MY RAM OR MY CPU?
  8. When the FPS drops is you CPU or GPU at 100% load?
  9. Where to see if my GPU or RAM LOAD?
  10. 18a on the 12V rail for an advertised 500w power supply sounds very suspect. I think the issue is either the power supply failing to deliver, or heat buildup.
  11. When im playing MY CPU LOAD IS 50% - 80% and my GPU LOAD IS 20%+ when im playing.
  12. Replace your power supply, if it only has 18a on the 12v rail it's not really 500w, more like 250. The GTS 450s specs say a minimum of 22A on the 12v rail is required.
  13. Ok I just saw the one of your other 6 freaking threads where you actually posted the PSU info. The PSU should be fine, and if you had a CPU bottleneck it would be close to 100% load, I don't think that's the issue either, not with a NFS game.
  14. yea i my PSU has DUAL 12v 18amp 36amps total
    im gonna upgrade to QUAD CORE CPU THANKS FOR THE REPONSES!
  15. Well have fun with your quad core, but that has nothing to do with your problem.
  16. benski said:
    Well have fun with your quad core, but that has nothing to do with your problem.

+1
  17. Quote:
    getting a Quad core will not resolve the issue

But Why?? whats the problem?
  18. as already has been said, the game your running can be run on a much lesser system than you already have prefectly fine, not only that, but it takes no advantage of 4 cpu cores, let alone 2. So getting a quad core isnt going to help. Things you should do - defragment your hard drive, reinstall the game, make sure your hard drive isnt too full, this will slow things down, check all the fans are running, CPU fan, GPU fan, PSU fan etc and check cpu and gpu temps under load, not at idle. Run Memtest86+, run your hard drive manufacturers diagnostic tool, and you may possibly need to re-install windows. then get back to us.
  19. How full are your HDD's? There was a poster about 2 weeks ago with the same issue. He cleaned his HDD's and the problem was solved.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics