Epic eyefinity build any issues I'm missing?

Vilifried

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
Hey guys I'm putting together my first PC in the new decade and I want to know if I've missed anything thats important as I have been out of the game a little while. My budget doesn't have too many limits as I'm buying the parts over a short period of time. The idea is to build a rig for highend games I am going to display on 3x40" 1900x1080 TV's in eyefinity. I already have 1 40" sharp LED with 2x bravia 40" slim LCD's to arrive soon for the sides (I have lots of spare space and lots of spare time). This is what I have so far.

Thermaltake Lvl10 GT Case.
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W psu.
MSI Bigbang Xpower 2 MB
120gb Corsair GT SSD
Antec H100 cpu closed loop cooler

The plan over the next month or so is to pick these up to finish the build.

Intel Core i7 3930K
2x Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Overclocked 3GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB WD2002FAEX
G.Skill Ripjaws Z F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL (4x4GB) DDR3
Samsung SH-222BB SATA DVDRW Drive OEM

Now I chose these parts because I am looking for bang for the buck so to say. I have no issue spending more on components if they are going to give me a significant boost for the price. This rig is solely for gaming no video editing etc. Any and all feedback thats constructive is appreciated and yes display setup is not negotiable. :pt1cable:

Is Kepler the 600 series of Nvidia cards? Also beat what Radeon cards the 6900 series or the new 7000 series?

I agree with Malmental. It looks fine the next biggest thing is sound. When we did a home theatre in our basement my dad spent a good bit of time looking into good quality sound. I don't know exaclty what brand he went with but I know it wasn't cheap, he spent good money on surround sound speakers and it was worth it.

Vilifried

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
I agree 100% with you about the graphics cards, they definitely are going to be last on the to do list my thought is that if green team brings a better performer to the table then it is going to be a worthwhile change to the plan to fly their flag so to speak or if not then I may get the radeons slightly cheaper and have my black and red theme complete. ;)

In regards to the sound system I haven't thought to much into it at this point and it may be my folly as it really shouldn't be an after thought. I was going to test out the eyefinity sound (through the TV speakers) but I think that needs some deeper investigation on my part. I always liked the kenwood systems but haven't bought a sound system for a while am going to case some out now and find something worthy of the setup.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Vilifried

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
looks like your all set but you didn't list your sound system with a set-up like that.
you need like a 5-piece surround speaker system.
(if you don't have that already)

and since you haven't bought the HD 7970's yet, then make that your last purchase because you might be running into the release of nVidia cards.
Kepler is said to beat the HD Radeon but really until it's here,
it's only speculation.
I myself am waiting on the new nVidia release before I jump...

I saw this and realised it was a match made in heaven. lol it's within the price I would be willing to pay and it is definitely going to improve the setup. http://www.videooverseas.com/products.php?product=Sony-HTDDW7600-7.2-Channel-3D-Home-Theatre-Component-System

Vilifried

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
whoa, that's killer..

lol thats what I thought when I seen it! Yeah bit on the pricey side but worth every penny I reckon. Will improve my movie viewing as well so it will be a win in my books. I think this will have to come first thing after assembly